When will we see a solid mid drive ebike for $2000 or less

rumme

100 kW
Something that looks sleek , has at least decent rear suspension with reliable 500-1000 watt mid drive system and a 48 volt- 20 AH battery pack positioned cleanly in the frame ? It seems like to get such a package, one must spend at least $3000 and even then, the battery packs are often in the 10 AH ranges. I guess with this tariff trade war thing, lower ebike prices wont happen for a while. I woulda thought Sondors would have tackled the mid drive ebike market by now.

When I say " solid mid drive ebike" I dont mean something that is designed for extreme ebiking . Just something that will work for the average rider and be dependable.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, I doubt we'll see one for a while due to the tariffs. Not sure what country you're from, but in Australia the law still dictates a shitty 250w is the max power for a pedelec, meaning manufacturers don't have much to work with.

tajanator said:
Unfortunately, as you mentioned, I doubt we'll see one for a while due to the tariffs. Not sure what country you're from, but in Australia the law still dictates a shitty 250w is the max power for a pedelec, meaning manufacturers don't have much to work with.

I dont understand why SONDORS has not entered that market. I think the mid drive market is screaming for a decent ebike delivered to ones door for $2000 or less. The bafang mid drives have come down in costs and become more reliable . I would actually buy a mid drive ebike in that price range, as long as it had a 48 volt- 1000 watt battery pack or the option to upgrade to it.

When they can 3D print batteries and motors with relatively cheap materials such as ABS.

Or after some mass deflation that makes maybe good reliable 18650's some 20 cents each.

I loved that flyer bike in the thread today, just don't think I'll pay $500 or more for one.

Back