36/48 V 350 W controller (18A) maximum voltage

Hi, I have a controller mentioned in the subject, I plan to use it with a 48V battery pack (12Vx4), but I found out the controller has no high voltage protection or I just haven't triggered it yet. I checked the controller's PCB, the FETs are rated 72V 100A, but the capacitor says 16V and 63V. I guess the 16V won't blow up because it has some regulation, but the 63V capacitor would blow if I overpower it. I actually overpowered the controller to 63V, it worked well, the Wheel were spinning so fast without any load, it was 72 km/h with 28" wheels. The overpowering were done with a power supply, not with batteries. I'd like to use 5 batteries instead of 4, which would give me 60 volts at 12V per battery. The controller would handle it, but if I charge the batteries, that's 14Vx5 which is 70V. The capacitor would blow up, but the FETs can handle it, and I could increase the peak output and also the range, because more voltage also means more range (less ampere is needed to keep certain speed, so the batteries can provide less amp for a longer time). So my question is, what do I have to replace on the controller to make it work for up to 70 volts? Only the capacitors or maybe some resistors too? This topic is not about safety, this controller is pretty cheap and I could keep it cool (place the controller onto the head tube, so the wind cools the controller directly and it's going to be winter anyway so overheating is not a problem now). I just want to bring the most out of it. And I have to buy my first battery pack and charger, but because of this I can't decide, a plus battery would be great for more power and range and top speed, but if the controller can't handle it, I have to stick to 48V

Back