Sur ron advice AUSTRALIA

Beauie

10 mW
Hey guys,
I've been riding ebikes for a while and have a few high powered hubs and some mid drives etc (h4065 and bbshd) but I just went to get parts from a new local supplier i found and I think they have convinced me to buy a new version Sur Ron Light Bee X.

It's just so refined and he told me I can have one for $4800AUD picked up from his shop in Sydney. Its such a beautiful beast

From a quick search It looks to be very well priced ?

I've had a go on the original and it was awesome.. Everything on paper with the new one looks better with the new sine wave etc etc but has anyone who's not biased ridden both :p ?

Thanks in advance

I hear ya! The price keeps tapping me on the shoulder.... here I am, buy me! What are you waiting for?

The sticking point for me is that all my bicycle mechanic experience becomes largely worthless. There are no bicycle components. It's a new world, learning curve, I can't get wholesale parts, etc.
And of course there is zero public riding, it's strictly private property, or it's only a matter of time till its taken off you.

When/if Adam manages to get them compliance for aus rego, then I'll take two.

Not good for public street, bad power to weight ratio, mediocre brakes and suspension for the price.

Not to mention the Sur-run costs real money you could use toward a REAL moto like a Alta, or a ebike with twice the power and less weight.

flat tire said:
Not good for public street, bad power to weight ratio, mediocre brakes and suspension for the price.

Not to mention the Sur-run costs real money you could use toward a REAL moto like a Alta, or a ebike with twice the power and less weight.

It just rides really well.. Brakes felt awesome (one finger for wheelies) didn't get to test the shocks properly off road though.. If you have the chance take one for a ride as it felt heaps better then a stealth etc and half the price!

The more I look at it the more i fall in love - http://voltbike.com.au/product/sur-ron-light-bee/

I didn't manage a top speed run. Do they really do 75km/h?

Anyone else interested in one? Maybe I could ask for a discount if we get a few :)

Please let me know if there is anywhere cheaper in AUST to get them
Cheers
James

Re: speed...I clocked mine at 61Kph on the police speed camera, stock 48T sprocket and square wave controller. The sine wave controllers doing about 70kph from what I hear

pipeking said:
Re: speed...I clocked mine at 61Kph on the police speed camera, stock 48T sprocket and square wave controller. The sine wave controllers doing about 70kph from what I hear

Thanks for the info.. Sounds like fun

I saw that, but it said something like "Road legal under 45km/h", so is that like a special moped classification or something? Never seen a road legal bike with a speed limit condition before.

Can't imagine taking a 45kmh bike on even a 50kmh road. Eventually you'd get an idiot running you off the road trying to get past you 5kmh faster.

Edit: Did more research. Looks like they are a moped, and must be restricted to 45km/h. In some states, you can ride them with just a car license. In others, you need a motorcycle or scooter license.

i Bought a road legal Sur Ron last night,ill pick it up Friday,im a bit concern about the speed as well,as most of the road here in Newcastle is 60-70-90kmh

Not encouraging anything, but I wonder how they restricted the speed, and if it's reversible. Unless you were acting like a tool, there's no way police would know you had a 45km/h speed limit unless they had a reason to check your rego.

That said, motorbikes are usually marked Mopeds because of uncorrectable safety issues at speed such as centre of balance and size of wheel, so you're taking your life into your own hands if you push it.

You can make a sur ron as fast as you want depending on what you swap out and how much you want to spend. Not worth it though. You end up with an illegal attention-getting motorcycle. Better to use a bicycle, which can easily go 100+ kph and exploit the stealth factor (and fake pedaling) to stay below the radar. In any case slow down to a reasonable speed when you see cops and before they see you.

Back