Where should the frame go between those washers and nut?

Planet Indigo

100 mW
Please help!
I've read the manual of my ebike kit, asked a bike guy and my local bike shop, and all three have different opinions on this, and since I want a definite safe answer, I'm asking the forums.
I've attached a picture.IMG_20180922_162203ss.jpg
Let's label those guys, from left to right, nut is "1", washer is " 2", sloted funky washer is "3", and we'll call the bike frame " 4".
My ebike instruction manual says 1234.
The local bike shop swore that 1342 was the correct and safest way.
The bike guy I know said 1432 to keep the washers on the inside...
How can I get so many different opinions?!
What's the definite safest way to fasten my ebike wheel?
Please help!

If you have enough spacing to put washers in between the axle shoulder and your bike's frame, then put the tabbed washers there on the inside.
That puts the torque retention first in line, and it spares the frame from having the axle shoulder dig into it when the nuts are fully tightened.

So you are advising a 1243 if I understand you correctly? (normal washer being outside of the fork) Your reasoning seems sound and thank you for the post but I surely wasn't expecting a solution that I hadn't been told before...
If we all agree that 1 is on the outside (listed first), then there's only 6 possibilities to order the remaining three components. That now makes 4 of those as having been recommended to me as the best solution...
Anyone else wants to recommend something?

Maybe your friend at the bike shop did recommend all washers inside because your swingarm is wider than axle shoulder spacing, in order to avoid compressing the dropouts onto the motor. He did see the bike and motor I presume.

I use 2 washers, one inside and one outside. Custom dropouts or torque plates on every bike I make. On your bike, if you have slotted dropouts the tabbed washer goes inside against the dropout with the tab in the dropout slot. The rest of the washers would go wherever best to make proper alignment and spacing of the motor in the swingarm.

Back