source for 17" x1.80 aluminum rim

kneedeep

100 W
I am looking for a good price on 17" rim for my next build. More moped duty then motorcycle but best price, not a lot on ebay. want to order so I can order spokes 36 Hole preferred but am doing custom motor and can make any configure work. Any good sources?

In 1.80 wide you are out of usual moped size. Trial motorcycle rims are lightweight, pretty expansive. That would be 1.85 standard, Morad or Excel. Some cheaper, heavier alu rims for Honda Cob are still available in that size too. All are made in 36H and 40H, Shraeder drilling.

That is my prefered
Morad TS 17X1.85 Valanced profile, available anodized colours, 200$ +
138953444-origpic-575f02.jpg

That is the cheapest
Honda Cob 17X1.85 alloy rim, available anodized colors.
80$
honda-cub-alloy-rim-17-x-185-in-blue-by-kepspeed.jpg

what width tire do you plan to use? if its not too wide there are more choices in 1.6 rim such as holmes hobbies, prowheel, etc.. also check out treatland.tv moped store..

kneedeep said:
2.25 tire. 1.60 rim would be fine that is what the front is.

around $60 each on treatland for 17 x 1.4 alum moped rim ..
https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=5&search=17+rims&show=50&page=2

Yep. 1.60 is your size. That is 40 mm wide. I ride very hard off road on 3 inch tires mounted on 40 mm rims. Wider is good for extra grip on pavement, but it is at the cost of extra weight. If your tire was 3.5 or 4 inch it might be worth it.

It is accepting a lot of weight already to ride motorcycle tires on your ebike, no need to push it heavier than reasonable with big rims and tires.

Back