Guidance need to change voltage from 48V to 72V

Mainlube

1 µW
Registered here about 5 years ago but haven't really used Endless Sphere's forums yet. (only to whinge when my first Bomber was stolen)

My YouTube channel is "Stealth Bike Ride" with about 12 videos up.

I have a Stealth Bomber B52 with quite severe modifications which I will post pictures of soon.
(This is my 2nd Bomber, first one got stolen)

OK, one of the mods on the Stealth is the new big 90V battery, 72V standard now 90V, Stealth modded the controller and computer so 95Kph is no problem now, but that's another post.

I have also built a Giant DS2 with a Crystalyte RSH4065 2 kW motor and 48V controller with 48V battery 20 a/h.
Battery is only a year old which pooed it's self the other day (bloody Chinese Battery) I looked over at the 72V standard Stealth battery (with only 300 charges on it) and thought, the Giant needs to be a little quicker, how bout I put the 72V on the Giant, would need a new controller, and have been told the motor should cope, just go a bit harder (which is what I want)

So am I on the money here, can I pump 72V into a Crystalyte RHS4065 by using a new controller (and not smoking the motor?)

So what controller do I need if I'm correct?

So what you say???

Cheers

Steve

All the brushless motors will take whatever voltage you want, up to at least a couple hundred volts.

To know what kind of power it can handle, and torque / speed it will produce, you can go to the simulator at http://ebikes.ca/simulator and find the closest motor in the list to yours (there's probably one there that's the same, if not there's probably a different winding (last couple numbers) but same motor type. Then try it with different voltages and controllers under different conditions you'd use it at and see when it overheats.

Hi Amberwolf

Thank you very much mate that's exactly what I'm after, will report back after the up graded controller is purchased and commissioned. If you ever need lubrication info I can certainly help.
Cheers
Steve

Back