Shark pack not engaging fully with mounting plate (not lockable)

I bolted the mounting plate to the bottle cage mounts and attached it directly to the frame at the farthest point with out putting screws in between. I think I managed to create just enough flex in the mounting plate to keep the pack from seating fully (2-3 mm off). So frustrating!!!!!

The bike powers up and works well but I can't lock the battery to the mounting plate. It feels solid and doesn't seem to be a problem. Do I need to pry mounting plate up from the frame again and remount with shimming and new adhesive or should I just ride it until there is a problem.......... :wink: :wink: :banana:

They say most of the world’s problems can be solved by two things, duct tape or WD40.

(The former can secure the battery, and the latter can help clean the contacts if they get messed up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all the shark pack installs I have done, I added a 1/8" thick aluminum reinforcement under the plastic base. Not only does this help flatten the base and defend against prying the locking end, but it allows me to drill and tap threads into the aluminum so I'm not constrained to the location of the frame bottle bosses, and so I can screw the base down in at least three places.

Back