Will this controller handle 48V?

SoSauty

1 kW
I need more torque and hope to buy a 48V Ping an' just plug it in and ride. Yet I've lost info on my controller, the sticker fell off and it's just a little black box, not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes. I know it's rated 35 amp for a brushed motor only. No problems presently running the 37V Lith-ion battery. I recall the LVC lo-voltage-cutoff is 29V. Ya' think it'll handle the 48V 10amp hr Ping? I only run the battery to cutoff occassionally, and generally cruise 18mph/90% throttle (probably 19-20mph/80% with 48V) to match my high gear and 80 rpm cadence. Will it stress the Ping 48V to run it down to 29V? All opinions appreciated.

Is that the Wilderness Energy brushed controller? if so yes. Look inside the controller and if the caps, that look like little cans say 63v I'd say go for it. Ecrazyman has very affordable brushed controllers if it doesn't work.
A 48v ping will cut itself off with the bms long before it gets to 29v, so the controllers lvc wont come into play at all. My ping 36v cuts off somewere just below 40v.

Thank you dogman, didn't know the BMS handled the cutoff. The 36V assist is working as planned, however I'm riding twice as much as anticipated and at times feel "STIFF!" Another 4lbs torque and 3mph sure looks sweet :D

I'll delete this post in a few days! (OK, I'll leave it up.)

Back