They're Putting Alexa in Bikes Now

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/01/theyre-putting-alexa-in-bikes-now/

146602-news-cybic-e-legend-connected-bikes-image1-6wmhvnk5cz-620x349.jpg

It's pretty obvious that tech companies are obsessed with voice assistants these days, and seem hell bent on stuffing them into every device that can handle them. You only need to look as far as Amazon's Alexa microwave to see what I'm getting at. But now there's a new Alexa-device in town, and it's got two wheels.

That's right Alexa has been added to the bicycle world, with the Cybic Legend that's set to hit the UK later this year. The bike is a Halford's exclusive, and comes packed with a touchscreen display, GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile data. And you can interact with it using your voice.

:mrgreen:

Have you heard lately, about the parrot that is ordering random goods online because of Alexa?

I don’t ride with a parrot, but my bike is exposed to random environmental sounds... And AI is stupid sometimes, well, pretty often. :roll:

A friend told me: cars will soon be more intelligent than drivers.
I said: There are some already. Those that are refusing to start. :mrgreen:

http://www.halfordscompany.com/news/cycling-news/cybic-bike-range-is-a-world-first-at-halfords/

Oh good. I need another data mining device in my life.

MadRhino said:
A friend told me: cars will soon be more intelligent than drivers.

:shock:
:roll:

Even some dumb cars today are smarter than their drivers...

I don't know how it'll work...with how loud it is outside you'll have to have some freaking huge speaking on it. Lol then it'd just be awkward to use it outside...Alexa...reorder some chain lube....OK..reordering KY lube... :shock:

I just try to imagine Alexa being mounted to the handlebar of my fatty :mrgreen: :

me: Alexa, are you ready? Hit the throttle!

Alexa (gets Fatty going): Where do you want to go?

me: Lets go and have some fun in the paddock.

Alexa (calculating the route): The same paddock as usual?

me: yep, and speed her up.

Alexa (speeding Fatty up): There is rain coming up. You still want to head for the paddock?

me: That's the point. Heaps more fun when muddy and slippery.

Alexa: Hold tight! Paddock in 10 seconds!

...3-2-1-0

me: We are flying! And now do a donut!

Alexa: Please don't! That upsets my electronic circuits.

me: Hit the throttle!

Alexa (throttles up too much, Fatty smears sideways and throws Alexa and me into the muck). Alexa: Oh no! How do I look now.

me: It's your fault! Too much throttle. Your mistake.

Alexa: No, it is not!

^^
laughing-emoji-clipart-hd-23.png

Back