Question about Cycle Analyst 2.4?

Talon

10 W
I have a small Pro-GT URB-E. I want to buy a CA-DP for measurements being taken out of my battery while riding. I just read the online manual on the CA-DP. I have a PowerVeloCity 6FET Bluetooth programmable controller already hooked up that has a CA plug on it. My question is in the setup menu it shows that a 16"wheel is the smallest wheel setup in the manual. My aftermarket rear hubmotor tire is 10" in diameter and the tire circumference is only 864mm big. Can someone tell me if the setup menu will adjust down to my 10" wheel with a 864mm so I could get an accurate speed, and odometer reading? I do have hall sensors inside of the hubmotor. I will not order a CA if not. Thanks :D

If it won't adjust down as far as you need to, you can change the number of poles and use a larger circumference instead, to get the same reading.

If the wheel is 864mm, then double that to 1728mm, and then divide the number of poles in half to compensate for that.

If there are an odd number of poles (like with motors' hall sensor output), then you could instead use magnets on the wheel itself, and the external speed sensor version of the CA. Use two magnets, but set it to one pole, or four magnets, and two poles, etc.

Back