Marzocchi fork help

EbikeAus

100 W
Hey guys,

I have this fork and am having trouble determining which front hub size I need. Iv'e never played with thru axle forks before.

I was thinking 110 x 20mm boost but not sure. I'd appreciate your input!

0jajJZV.jpg

PbacsyY.jpg

9z0rtb2.jpg

ZdVcauM.jpg

PZCz0Oj.jpg

tolkaNo said:
110x20mm like it's always been

A boost front hub is 110x15mm

Thanks. So do these forks have a QR skewer? What size, 20mm? Or do the forks clamp onto the hub?

EbikeAus said:
tolkaNo said:

Thanks. So do these forks have a QR skewer? What size, 20mm? Or do the forks clamp onto the hub?

They have a through axle, which goes through the hub and fork

It should have came with the fork

tolkaNo said:
EbikeAus said:
tolkaNo said:

It didn't come with the fork unfortunately. Can I just buy one?

EbikeAus said:
tolkaNo said:
EbikeAus said:
tolkaNo said:

You should really use the one that came with the fork, or atleast one from another marz fork similar to what you have

tolkaNo said:
EbikeAus said:
tolkaNo said:
EbikeAus said:

You should really use the one that came with the fork, or atleast one from another marz fork similar to what you have

Ok. Thanks man

An original through axle is going to be as rare as rocking horse sh#t.
Any other options available does anyone know?

Just about every DH hub on the market will fit. They are standard for a very long time. The 20mm maxle is still available and has to be Marzocchi specific, for it is not standard and screws counter clockwise (now distributed by SRAM).

I buy the top quality hubs cheap on the used market and replace the bearings with the best SKF. This is making virtually a new hub. My favourites are Ringlé, DT Swiss, Hadley, Hope... pro racing hubs. On the used market, 36H are still available, letting me use the exact same rim on the front as the one that my hub motor is laced in.

you don't really need to have the QR-type 20mm axle. the pinch bolts you have now were orginally small QR levers if i'm not mistaken. so you simply need a plain 20mm axle of the correct length (it'll still have a bolt at the end to press everything together). then the pinch bolts will clamp onto the axle thus securing it

Thanks for the replies!
I contacted the guy I bought the fork off and the axle was still in the front rim he had. I picked it up this morning it's a Giant branded QR, should do the job!

These forks are for my mongoose cx 24 200 build and will be a 20" rim.
I was going to get a Hope pro 4 but now looking at this one. It will save me almost $200 with rim and bub over the Hope

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302926625035

Back