Just bought a E bike

I am from a rural area, roughly south of Edmonton Alberta. Anyone else in the area??… I just bought my first E bike. A 2019 Voltbike Yukon 750. I am a novice with E bikes, not the E part, I love playing with electricity but have never combined the two. I will likely have questions as I gain experience with it.

I live in the City. Converted my mountain bike to electric 2 years ago. Hoping to convince my wife that she needs one too so we can ride the trails together.

does Edmonton have extensive pathway system??
Calgary is all low standard bad quality pathways, even new one constructed shoddy with uneven asphalt.

There is a paved trail system that runs along the river valley pretty much from one end of the City to the other. I’ve only ridden about one half of it so far as I live in the northeast corner.

miro13car said:
does Edmonton have extensive pathway system??
Calgary is all low standard bad quality pathways, even new one constructed shoddy with uneven asphalt.
A lifetime ago (80s) I used to cycle all over Edmontons river valley system, I thought it first rate at the time. I will likely take my bike there to see it again. I have heard that Red Deer has a good trail system, but I have not seen it myself.

It looks like there is a few of us in Alberta.

YOU see winters affect as in Alberta and pathways are not exempt from that
Winter cost money in many ways
You cannot construct pathway from same materials which they use in South USA
It will not last.
Winter all eat it
Riding over cracks every couple of meters is not a pleasure and destroy components
Look at Sweden Norway for answers.

With what is becoming weeks of cold weather (-25) cycling is not on my to do list. My bike is just sitting there, mocking me....While I wait I have ordered my first upgrade of parts, a assortment of front chainrings sizes to try. Much respect to those of you who do ride in this cold weather.

Back