Display problems on VLCD-5 LCD

JensenL

100 µW
Greetings everyone,

I have a TONGSHENG TSDZ2 build on a Dolly (Dutch cargobike) with a VLCD-5 LCD Display.
Problem:
When I turn on the battery the display turns on. Normally the display had to be turned on manually..
When parked/inactive, the display turns off after approx. 5-8 min. as normal, but now it cannot be turned back on, unless I restart the battery.

Any suggestions on where to begin debuggin? Is there bad connections somewhere, battery cells dead ..?
I was thinking about walking through all connections with contact spray. Good idea?

Thanks in advance

Rasmus Jensen
Copenhagen, Denmark

Motor age: 2 years
ODO: 4500 km
Battery: 36V, 13ah – 468wh.
Battery age: 2 years and 6 months

Since the power button and seems to automatically turn it on, and doesn't turn it back on, perhaps the button itself is stuck on.

If not, perhaps there is a short from corrosion between contacts in the connector between controller and display, or display and button unit (if it's separate from the display).

@amberwolf, thank you for the reply. You where right! The controller was partly broken. When disconnecting it from display everything was fine. Have now ordered a new one :bigthumb:

Back