Bafang 850c display - no digital mode

toureasyman

10 mW
I paid extra for and received the 850c color display with my Bafang mid drive motor. While going through the menu items in the settings, I wanted to change the scene from “analog” to digital, but nothing happened while pressing the power button to select. I can’t see the dark display background in the sunlight and wanted the white background that the digital scene provides. I called California e-bike and they said they have heard of this issue before, but that all of their 850c displays work in both modes. I contacted my seller and they replied that I had the “new” version that would only provide an analog scene and that if I wanted the “digital” scene they requested I return the display and they would send me the “older” version that does the “digital” scene. Are they blowing smoke? Am I to believe the new version of the display does less than the old version? Has anyone else had this issue?

You are not alone. I have same issue.
I could be caused by vendor customization (like boot logo or serial number etc). But i thing, that this is caused by cutting costs (cheaper smaller MCU force to save program memory and remove some functionality)
Same situation is "Light sensor" in menu. It is inactive too.

Blame Bafang. They recently released motors that will not run 52v batteries, and left dealers out in the cold. Users are getting over volt 07 errors. Dealers have no control. Zero. Even the claimed biggest Bafang mid drive seller has to reflash firmware to fix.

Back