Cannondale Bad Boy 4 w/BBSHD vs HAIBIKE RACE S RX

FlightService

100 mW
Luna has their 4 year sale going on and I am ready to pull the trigger. On something.

Crazy Lenny's has the HAIBIKE RACE S RX for $2200.

The Luna option is a BBSHD with the 52V 6aH Mighty Mini for $899 and REI has the Cannondale Bad Boy 4 for $559 for a total of $1460. Now to make it a apples to apples comparison I would need to add a headlight and tail light to the Bad Boy for another $80 plus taxes for $680 plus $900. So we are at $1580 vs $2200.

I know the Haibike is a fire and forget option. Cannondale+BBSHD would be faster but DIY.

I want this for a commuter and do not care about speed.

I am thinking the Haibike may be a better deal for the money. What do you all think. I am about 18 hours from making a decision.

Cannondale Bad Boy's come with either a Rigid Fork or a Headshock ( at least they used to ) .

Which one are you looking at ? ,
front shocks are very helpful so is rear suspension or a suspension seat post .

What is the Amp hour capacity of the HaiBike's battery pack ?

A 6 amp battery pack is small, best only for low power motors and very short distances and low amperage draws .

If the HaiBike is this bike ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N6gIxY8RHk I would get it .

If the Bad Boy has a Headshock, I would get it ... with the BBS02 instead of the BBSHD , and a 12 or more amp hour battery pack , 52 volt.

Specialized dealers have 2018 models on sale ( they have the best battery placement of all the commercial e-bikes ...in the downtube, easy enough for you to take out , but harder for a would be thief who does not have the tools to take out ) ,
a Full Suspension E-Bike with wide street tires would be the Best for your back and neck, unless you only ride on glass smooth roads . There now many E-Bike ready wide/balloon tires in sizes 27.5 and 29er/700c for the last couple of years.

and I ended up going completely different way

Haibike Urban Plus. Due to a few difficulties with it as a floor model, I will pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply @scooterman101

Back