GM two new mid Drive Ebikes

MitchJi

10 MW
https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/14/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gms-new-electric-bikes/
GM is bringing two new electric “connected” bikes to market this year — one folding and one compact — as it makes a broader push into electrification and experiments with how to diversify its business of making and selling vehicles.

The compact electric bike is called Meld and the folding one is called Merge.

Should have posted in the Non Hub Drive Forum
fa4fcf7a-fe70-4d6e-ae4d-40ccac7c1fb6-Compact-eBike.jpg

But it goes so fast (14.5 mph)!

There is going to be a whole generation of this type of connected low power bike, as share bike and last mile solutions scale up. It's going to be getting harder to sell overpriced gas cars stuffed with features to keep you distracted from wondering about the system as you cruise around, so say hello to the overpriced, feature packed future of bikes.

I don't think that they want to sell ebikes to the public. They are getting a lot of buzz from this for people that may still not know that ebikes exist.

It folds, and that leads me to believe it will be featured in a package with a Chevy Volt/Bolt/etc...

spinningmagnets said:
It folds, and that leads me to believe it will be featured in a package with a Chevy Volt/Bolt/etc...

Too late to be packaged with a Volt, as it is ceasing production on March 1st, 2019.

They could package it with the Bolt, since most CCS fast chargers are blocks from the nearest restaurant/restroom.

Is there a way that a company like GM can offset their carbon footprint or to put it a more business way , to gain more Carbon Credits ?
By saying that they make a certain % of their vehicles with very a very low carbon footprint , etc .

Could this just be a way for them to be able to drop/stop producing their small compact cars that very few people want to buy , and produce more Large and very un-aerodynamic Trucks and SUV's
and not have to pay , or pay less Carbon Taxes ??

Back