Scored a converted E-Bike for $75!

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Paderolis   100 W

100 W

Scored a converted E-Bike for $75!

Post by Paderolis » Feb 21 2019 1:49pm

I'm always browsing CL and the like, just something I like to do! I was recently on the FaceBook marketplace, and came across a listing for an e-bike for only $75! It only needed a battery, and get this, the battery I have for my current bike worked on it! It already had the battery bracket. I was able to take my battery to the sellers house and confirmed it worked before I bought it. It is a 2016 Giant Escape 3 with a BBS01B 350w 48v mid drive motor. Of course with the price being so low I checked various sites (CL, Let Go, Offer up) to see if someone had reported it stolen, but found nothing.
I've actually had it for a few weeks now, and nothing has popped up. I had never ridden a mid drive before this, but let me say it's pretty strong for only being a 350w motor! And because it's much lighter than my RHM bike, I can ride it much easier non assisted! Just like my RHM bike, I disconnected the throttle and ride it as a pedalic. The throttle can be reconnected in a few seconds if I want to. I added a rear rack and bag, changed out the grips, and replaced the kickstand.
Attachments
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG

e-beach   1 GW

1 GW
Location: Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monica or possibly the south bay beaches.

Re: Scored a converted E-Bike for $75!

Post by e-beach » Feb 21 2019 2:29pm

Luck smiled upon you this time. Good find!

:D :bolt:
Favorite Quote: "This is L.A., sugar. There is no 'over the top." --- Chris Erskine

Current build: Liahona w/ cheap front suspension and suspension seat post. Yescomusa 36v 800w generic front hub motor. 15ah Headway triangle mounted pack. Tronsung 30 amp,

Previous Build:1992 Trek Antelope 800 - Bone Crusher (no suspension) - Yescomusa 800 watt 36 volt front wheel kit. Don't do it! Get suspension!!!

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Feb 21 2019 5:22pm

Great score! My wife is totally addicted to FB marketplace. She’s always upgrading the household furniture. :roll:
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

dogman dan   100 GW

100 GW

Post by dogman dan » Feb 22 2019 8:01am

Nice score. My best find was a 50 buck ford think e bike. It had a 24v brushed mid drive, which liked to eat controllers. Original controller was fried, and it fried another right way. You had to ride it very careful, avoiding amps spikes.

I keep trying to find a broken trek, or bbso2, but in my town its not likely.

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Feb 22 2019 8:14am

dogman dan wrote:
Feb 22 2019 8:01am
Nice score. My best find was a 50 buck ford think e bike. It had a 24v brushed mid drive, which liked to eat controllers. Original controller was fried, and it fried another right way. You had to ride it very careful, avoiding amps spikes.

I keep trying to find a broken trek, or bbso2, but in my town its not likely.
fried that motor pretty quick after you gifted it to me. "The frame is
still in my garage :)
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.