Scored a converted E-Bike for $75!

Paderolis

100 W
I'm always browsing CL and the like, just something I like to do! I was recently on the FaceBook marketplace, and came across a listing for an e-bike for only $75! It only needed a battery, and get this, the battery I have for my current bike worked on it! It already had the battery bracket. I was able to take my battery to the sellers house and confirmed it worked before I bought it. It is a 2016 Giant Escape 3 with a BBS01B 350w 48v mid drive motor. Of course with the price being so low I checked various sites (CL, Let Go, Offer up) to see if someone had reported it stolen, but found nothing.
I've actually had it for a few weeks now, and nothing has popped up. I had never ridden a mid drive before this, but let me say it's pretty strong for only being a 350w motor! And because it's much lighter than my RHM bike, I can ride it much easier non assisted! Just like my RHM bike, I disconnected the throttle and ride it as a pedalic. The throttle can be reconnected in a few seconds if I want to. I added a rear rack and bag, changed out the grips, and replaced the kickstand.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 662
Luck smiled upon you this time. Good find!

:D :bolt:

Nice score. My best find was a 50 buck ford think e bike. It had a 24v brushed mid drive, which liked to eat controllers. Original controller was fried, and it fried another right way. You had to ride it very careful, avoiding amps spikes.

I keep trying to find a broken trek, or bbso2, but in my town its not likely.

dogman dan said:
Nice score. My best find was a 50 buck ford think e bike. It had a 24v brushed mid drive, which liked to eat controllers. Original controller was fried, and it fried another right way. You had to ride it very careful, avoiding amps spikes.

I keep trying to find a broken trek, or bbso2, but in my town its not likely.
fried that motor pretty quick after you gifted it to me. "The frame is
still in my garage :)

Back