Quality issues with Grinfineon Controllers ?

HolgiB

10 W
Hi there,

I bought a set of Grin components to update my E-MTB:
- Grinfineon 25A Controller
- Cycle Analyst V3 Speed
- Digital Aux Dual Button Slim
- PAS-Sensor

During setting up the bike two of the connectors had issues:
- One of the phase cables was not correctly crimped and slipped out of the Anderson connectors
- One of the Hallsensor contacts also simply slipped out of the housing

All this didn't really matter to me since I was shortening the motor cables anyhow but this really makes me wonder. An incorrectly crimped phase wire can easily end up with a melting Anderson connector or simply a malfunctioning motor. Having payed around 160€ for the controller itself this meant a whopping price increase compare to the Kuteng controllers which I bought at a max price tag for something like 40€. And I never had any issue with those. :roll:

What are your experiences ?

TIA,
Holger

This could happen, but Grin does have the very best after sale service and garantee. If you’d end up with problems because of this, they would have replaced it no question asked.

I have had a CA soaked in water in a crash and then frozen hard on the way back home. I didn’t expect a free repair. Yet they fixed it quick, free repair, free shipping.

Thanks for your response ! :thumb:

I bet that Grin has a great service for after sale but unfortunately I am in Europe and thus pretty far away from CN. :wink:
I found out about the loose phase wire simply because it slipped out when I tried to remove the pin from the housing of the Anderson connector. Hadn't I removed the pin this would have cause issues when riding the Mac under higher load.

But be it so....I was just surprised to find two issues at a controller from a company I suspect to have pretty high quality standards. At least that is how they look to me when showing their products.

When I had to return products to Grin, I always had to pay shipping back to them, this was never free. They ship back to me for free.

Back