Greentime controllers

I am really happy to see that we now have the datasheet for the microcontroller of KU63!! -- Anyone developed OpenSource firmware for it?
Is there anyone trying to do it? I can probably help.

4 years I got I tried to develop a controller and firmware for bicycles *

Then 2 years ago I moved to Electric Unicycles and I continue with the project, for unicycles. I found a cheap chinese controller board that uses a very well know microcontroller STM32F103 that every chinese unicycle or hoverboard uses. I know have the code that implements Field Oriented Control for the motor controlling and I am actively working on it **

[youtube]I449L6JZkV0[/youtube]

[youtube]V4r4puN_23M[/youtube]

need help..

i have GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45Amax Dual mode Sensor/Sensorless Brushless DC Motor Controller

try to turn on but nothing..

connect power, phases, throttle, brake, regen switch is on and ignition cable is on,speed switch is on 100%

push throttle and nothing, try with self learning, motor is spinning aprox 10 sec and stop, push throttle and nothing

try with connected hall, same

put back sunwin controller with same chronology and everything works normal

is there something else to try? :(

Disconnect brake and retry.

Check that the brake's signal voltage changes when brake is applied

Check that throttle is getting power and that the signal line is changing as the throttle is moved.

Check that the voltage from teh throttle is actually reaching the PCB inside the controller (wire could be broken inside or even broken off the PCB, or soldered to the wrong pad on the PCB).

Brakes are off, wire from throttle are ok, have 4.3v on connector and change when push throttle from 0 to 4.3v
Push throtle- nothing, motor is off
Check throtle wire, everythig is ok,try with another throttle and is same.
It is strange because when connect power,phases,throttle and ignition must work, rest are "functions"...

Than i connect regen orange wire with low brake and just tap brake, than i can just one push throtle and wheel is spinning, after that again nothing until i tap brake

:/

Sounds like the controller fluid is low.
There is no dip stick to test on the GreenTime controllers... so you have to just eyeball it. I would add 10cc's through one of the end caps.

I just use Blinker Fluid instead of that fancy stuff the Ebike shops sell.
O'Reilly brand is pretty good.

download.jpg

-methods

DUBRAVKO said:
Brakes are off,
Is that just a visual check, or checking with a voltmeter to be sure the signal voltage changes when brake is applied?

Check throtle wire, everythig is ok
To be sure: does that mean you've opened up the controller, and verified the throttle wire all the way to the controller's board inside is ok? and it is soldered to the right spot in the controller? and it is getting the changing voltage at that spot in the controller?

Or did you just check the wire on the throttle itself?

Than i connect regen orange wire with low brake and just tap brake, than i can just one push throtle and wheel is spinning, after that again nothing until i tap brake

That is a different scenario than you specified before, and requires different troubleshooting steps.

It's possible that either the controller's MCU is damaged or mis-programmed, and you'd either need to reprogram it or replace the controller. Reprogramming might be as simple as using whatever software the vendor supplies with the controllers, along with a usb cable for it's programming connector, to change the settings to defaults. Or it might be something you have to send back to the vendor to do, if they don't supply the software.

is that just a visual check, or checking with a voltmeter to be sure the signal voltage changes when brake is applied?
check with volmeter

To be sure: does that mean you've opened up the controller, and verified the throttle wire all the way to the controller's board inside is ok? and it is soldered to the right spot in the controller? and it is getting the changing voltage at that spot in the controller?

Or did you just check the wire on the throttle itself?
check with voltmeter on open controller

try again everything, everything looks normal inside, but is not working.. :(

i will put sunwin back and wait with seller..

Amberwolf has a lot of experience debugging.
What he is trying to get you to do is identify where you made an incorrect assumption.

My advice:

1) Disconnect EVERYTHING

2) Now go back and actually disconnect EVERYTHING... even that thing you are SURE is correct.

3) One part at a time.... very slowly and meticulously... measuring as you go... confirm the following:
3a) What input is this? Is this the correct documentation? What variants of the controller are there?
3b) What input is it expecting? 12V? Active Low? Where is it resting? How can I confirm?
3c) Hook that input up... or leave it off if at all possible.

Battery
Power switch
Throttle
Motor wires

I would leave all other things off - especially brakes or things that can cut throttle.

Double check
Triple check

99.996% of the time it is a simple assumption that APPEARED to be true early on (but actually was not) and follows you into next stage creating much wasted time.

-methods

Check 5 times very slowly :)
It is controller, not rocket :)
Put sunwin back..wait now seller about resend/refund..
Thanks for advice, :wink:

Bah... we learned nothing :(

I still think the fluid was just low.

-methods

methods said:
Bah... we learned nothing :(

I still think the fluid was just low.

-methods

for this case nothing to learn, controller have warranty so i don't want to fix by myself :)

eugen said:
found programming software
:mrgreen:
now small problem
if is anyone who can recompile program change language (English of course) and compile program again??
and here cannot upload it is too big (about 35Mb)
http://www.xcmmcu.com/salea.asp
but if is someone interested can send by email

Is there any proceed with this software? I tried to download it, but my baidu account wants to be confirmed by my phone, I get no SMS with the code....

Regards
stancecoke

Has anyone connected the Cycle analyst to the greentime controller without any issues?
I noticed some greentime controllers have a 6 pin JST plug but i dont know if its a direct plug and play????

ebike11 said:
Has anyone connected the Cycle analyst to the greentime controller without any issues?
I noticed some greentime controllers have a 6 pin JST plug but i dont know if its a direct plug and play????

I did it without issue over 4 years ago. I don't use the throttle override wire, but hopefully by now they know to include the diode on that connection in the controller.

Hey guys, is it possible to get rid of this throttle ramp / lag on a Greentime controller? I opened it up and I don't see any programming port, so I assume I'm out of luck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwgRUF_1MtU

I am using a Greentime controller, 48V-84V 1500W, on 48 volts with good results, including regenerative braking. Can anyone tell me exactly what is controlled by the three-speed options? Black to Blue = 50%, no connection = 100%, Black to Orange = 120%. Do these options control speed, power, or what? Just curious. And, does any kind of technical manual exist for this controller?

Details on my bike posted at http://www.jimkaness.com/engineering/2018ebike.pdf

Hey...

Need some help, after cleaning op the wires :oops: :oops:

I a using a GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45A.

I have been cleaning up the wires, cut the wrong once :oops: so the 5v to throttle and hall sensor is gone..

The purple one is the return from lock. so I think it´s the red one to be placed right. But where ??

IMG_20180330_232540.jpg
IMG_20180330_232904.jpg
IMG_20180330_233028.jpg

I got a feeling the 48-84 is just whatever LVC they set, and we customers have to solder in a resistor, as mentioned a page back. No big deal, as I want to use 48V and 60V. For Cycle Analyst, their picture shows a CA plug, but you have to message them on Aliexpress if you want the connector. I emailed them about the CA and LVC for my order.

Jacktak said:
I have been cleaning up the wires, cut the wrong once :oops: so the 5v to throttle and hall sensor is gone.
Use any of the pads marked 5v. They all come from the same 5v regulator; you can check with your multimeter.

If instead you mean that the keyswitch / ignition line
no longer provides batery power to the lowvoltage power supply input, then you'd need to connect battery positive to whatever the pad is that is the input to that area of the board. That might be the VCC pad; don't know for sure. If there is no voltage at the VCC pad now, even when battery power is connected to the controller's main input, then you could disconnect power, then do a continuity test between VCC and the 5v pads. If there is no continuity, then you can try connecting battery power to the VCC pad, and see if 5v reappears.

Looking at the 1500w 45a 48-84v controller

How strong is the regen?

Is there any soft start in the firmware or is it hard off the line? Or do i need to specify this when ordering the controller?

tolkaNo said:
Looking at the 1500w 45a 48-84v controller

How strong is the regen?

Is there any soft start in the firmware or is it hard off the line? Or do i need to specify this when ordering the controller?

I'm not sure what the standard settings are. Ask Leo. I've always specified regen strength along with soft vs medium vs hard start for take-offs. It does take longer to process my special orders because the controllers are built with settings to my specs. They're off for the Chinese new year break, so you're already looking at a 2 week minimum delay due to the holiday.

Hi all,
I have purchased that 24 fet/65Amps controller https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/24FET-4410-s-2000-2500W-48-84V-65Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller/313864_522263788.html?spm=a2g0w.12010608.0.0.34a73eaecEfsfj

I need the regen braking or eabs (what I need is current back to the battery when I brake).
The vendor has told me it worked only with 48V battery.
Mine is a 20s 72V battery, so as seen on previous pages (n°14 and others) I changed a resistor, just near the VCC. The values are different than those seen on page 14 since it is another divider bridge and the values are written on the board (7k5=40V - 3k6=60V) so I replaced the 7k5 resistor by a 3k6 resistor to have a 60V LVC.

I was sure it would work but I even have no breaking at all. When I connect the white and black wires together (low-brake) it just disconnects the power to the motor and it stops slowly. Same thing if I give 11 to 14V to the single yellow "Hi-brake" wire.

I need help if someone has an explanation ???

The greentime Experience.
Bought the GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45Amax on the 19/3/19 USD 42.76
Arrived down under on the 3/4/19
Comments on order
Hi Leo, Could you please have regen strength set to high and also a hard start with no delay on the throttle? thanks
Leo asked what battery voltage I was running (60Volts) and said he would adjust the LVC to 50 volts so regen would work.

Wired it up to my "500W" GM HB36 on 6/4/19 and tested 7/4.
Battery was over half flat when I took it for a ride. Battery quickly saged to 53 volts from 57V and I rode up the hill I live on.
Turned around got some speed up and hit the low brake, happy days -350Watt of regen back to the Battery down the pretty steep hill. Slowed me down to a crawl. Yay. :)
Charged up battery to 64 volts took it for a ride, no regen. Unhappy days :cry:
Rode around and went through about 6 amp hours which got me to the magic number of 58.5 volts where regen was back.

Obversely the controller is set up for 48V. Tested with a 12 cell pack and yes controller still works at 43 volts.
Contacted Leo 7/4/19. No response.
It would appear here ends customer service, he has been super quick to reply before now.

After poking Leo , thinking i'm going to have to swap a SMD resistor. Turns out the 2019 controller just has a link to put in to nominate a battery voltage. Selection available 60, 64, 72 or 80 volts.
Tested the 60 volts and it now does regen, CA reckons -19 amps.

Few pictures of the 15fet Greentime
View attachment 1controller supplied in 2019.
IMG_20190412_074556c.jpg

That looks very simular to my 18 fet from semewhere else:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99535&p=1457323#p1457323

What is that jumper wire for, the red one on the underside?
Do you have pas, and where is it connected in that case?
I don´t have any, but there are a bunch of unused connections on the bord.

Edit, found it when I looked in the thred. I didn´t realize earlier that greentime had changed, so I didn´t think that was what I had :)

Back