TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Electric Motors and Controllers
mittkonto   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 31
Joined: Mar 02 2019 2:31am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by mittkonto » Nov 08 2019 4:18pm

casainho wrote:
Nov 08 2019 3:32pm
mittkonto wrote:
Nov 08 2019 2:53pm
So, using PAS mode it would be as if I put in a lot of wattage or how does that work?

But the emtb is so nice!!!
I never used that mode, I don't know.
Hm, Ok.
What is 'I_max' ?
stancecoke wrote:
Jul 18 2019 8:41am
buba wrote:
Jul 18 2019 5:30am

PAS Assist:

Code: Select all

  I_battery = I_max * assistfactor
By the wholesome Code Gods of Muchgivings!!? A tidy TSDZ2 spliced cable and a nice chunk of HIGO-Z812-B with a tad of temperature mods sprinkled on top, you say?

buba   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 577
Joined: Aug 31 2018 12:36am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by buba » Nov 08 2019 6:41pm

jeff.page.rides wrote:
Nov 07 2019 12:09am
buba wrote:
Nov 06 2019 6:54pm
jeff.page.rides wrote:
Nov 06 2019 6:28pm
buba wrote:
Nov 06 2019 5:39pm


Hello Jeff,

Yes, I do remember! Did think about that one for a while. It is difficult to implement on the KT-LCD3 due to memory constraints. I have some ideas that would help but those will only be possible to implement on the new displays. Unless we remove functions on the KT-LCD3 to make some room.

Am really sorry you are not able to enjoy the TSDZ2 fully :( But do remember that this project is in constant development!
Buda, thanks for the reply.If It's too much trouble to do on the LCD3 I can buy a new display, Handcycles with coaster brake motors don't use torque assist, cadence assist, walk assist, Cruise, City mode or a throttle and Street mode. If it's not too much trouble to remove all those and there could be room to put in the torque sensor settings that would be great, but if not will just upgrade all the current LCD3 on the units we've sold with the 850C
Thanks, Jeff
I would be more than happy to fork the project and make a special version. I could even implement some really nice features and characteristics with your help and recommendations. I bet there are several things you would like to include that are specific to handcycles. How about... ?

- Ultra sensitivity and really fast response times for the coaster brake
- Torque filtering for uneven power delivery between right and left arms
- Communication with other hardware that can enhance the experience
- Remove unnecessary things to make room for other more appropriate features and functions

We can do a lot of things and I think many riders will benefit from this. But it would have to diverge from the main project because it will be adapted to other needs. Again, I would happily do this but am extremely time constrained now. I used a lot of vacation days for the 0.20.0 and it is difficult to find that kind of time now. In the meantime there will be new displays coming and those will have some more configuration options that will hopefully enhance the experience for all users. Later on we can create some exciting new things!
Buda, thank you very much for such a genuine offer to help! Cycling season is winding down but I still ride through the winter but most don't. If we slowly work on this over the winter and have a good usable version by spring that would be great. There are quite a few things that we could do that pertain to hand cycles. Your Suggestions would all be valid for a hand cycle. One thing I'm not sure if you realize but when you're riding a hand cycle both pedals are in the same position not opposites like a bicycle so you really do have a strong bicep pull and a weaker tricep push with both arms going the same direction at the same time. That's one of the reasons that tricking the torque sensor help so much is because you have such a lopsided torque circle. I'd hate to put so much effort into something that only works on the LCD3. We need to look at now and the future so whatever we do moves forward with the rest of the development. Again thank you for all your efforts and your desire to continue. If we can have something to allow us to adjust the torque sensor by spring that would be awesome along with whatever else helps improve the whole experience.
My pleasure! Thank you for the feedback. Sorry for not having much time over for the time being.

There is a chance that the new displays will offer some of the functionality we have discussed so the future is very exciting!
GitHub: https://github.com/leon927
PayPal: leonstor at bredband.net

buba   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 577
Joined: Aug 31 2018 12:36am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by buba » Nov 08 2019 7:29pm

mittkonto wrote:
Nov 08 2019 4:18pm
casainho wrote:
Nov 08 2019 3:32pm
mittkonto wrote:
Nov 08 2019 2:53pm
So, using PAS mode it would be as if I put in a lot of wattage or how does that work?

But the emtb is so nice!!!
I never used that mode, I don't know.
Hm, Ok.
What is 'I_max' ?
stancecoke wrote:
Jul 18 2019 8:41am
buba wrote:
Jul 18 2019 5:30am

PAS Assist:

Code: Select all

  I_battery = I_max * assistfactor
Cadence Assist sets a duty cycle in the controller as soon as the system detects crank rotation. The desired duty cycle for each and every assist level can be configured in the setup menu.

Cadence Assist is basically what you get on any standard electric bike without a torque sensor. Especially on bikes with hub motors.

Setting the duty cycle instead of controlling the motor torque is preferable in many ways. But this particular mode is still a bit tricky to develop and setup on a mid drive bike as the gear ratio is not fixed.
GitHub: https://github.com/leon927
PayPal: leonstor at bredband.net

buba   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 577
Joined: Aug 31 2018 12:36am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by buba » Nov 08 2019 7:54pm

Can confirm that there is a bug with the cadence displayed when I installed the 0.20.0 Beta 1 from the official project page. But it seems that the bug is not present on the 0.20.0 Beta 1 that is on my drive... Will have to confirm this by testing some more.
GitHub: https://github.com/leon927
PayPal: leonstor at bredband.net

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 09 2019 2:30am

I have previously been using the marcoq version with the VLCD5 but just purchased the SW102 and cabling to attach to a new TSDZ2. I have found the links to wire and flash the SW102 but cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to use it once done. If someone could please give me links and any advice other than what is on the github (https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... e-firmware)

Daniel

jeff.page.rides   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 33
Joined: Aug 13 2019 10:16am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by jeff.page.rides » Nov 09 2019 2:43am

buba wrote:
Nov 08 2019 7:54pm
Can confirm that there is a bug with the cadence displayed when I installed the 0.20.0 Beta 1 from the official project page. But it seems that the bug is not present on the 0.20.0 Beta 1 that is on my drive... Will have to confirm this by testing some more.
I used the same LCD3 display with the file from your site on two different TSDZ2 motors 1 with the file from your site that the cadence displayed correctly and 1 with the file from the official site that the cadence display did not work.

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3668
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by casainho » Nov 09 2019 2:55am

danielson wrote:
Nov 09 2019 2:30am
I have previously been using the marcoq version with the VLCD5 but just purchased the SW102 and cabling to attach to a new TSDZ2. I have found the links to wire and flash the SW102 but cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to use it once done. If someone could please give me links and any advice other than what is on the github (https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... e-firmware)

Daniel
It is the same buttons combinations for the 850C.

Very soon will be a new firmware version and we will better document the wiki.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3668
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by casainho » Nov 09 2019 3:50am

jeff.page.rides wrote:
Nov 08 2019 3:38pm
I can definitely buy a fish scale and have my kids help me use that, but there's no way we could take the motor apart and modify the torque sensor.
While you are at it, repeat the measures to make sure they are good.
Saved them well so you can reuse them in near future.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

jeff.page.rides   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 33
Joined: Aug 13 2019 10:16am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by jeff.page.rides » Nov 09 2019 9:51am

casainho wrote:
Nov 09 2019 3:50am
jeff.page.rides wrote:
Nov 08 2019 3:38pm
I can definitely buy a fish scale and have my kids help me use that, but there's no way we could take the motor apart and modify the torque sensor.
While you are at it, repeat the measures to make sure they are good.
Saved them well so you can reuse them in near future.
Ok, I have 3 coaster brake TSDZ2 here my first handcycle my new handcycle and we used one on my wifes bike even though she doesn't have a coaster brake hub on her bike.

windburner   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep 24 2019 3:45pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by windburner » Nov 09 2019 10:54am

danielson wrote:
Nov 09 2019 2:30am
I have previously been using the marcoq version with the VLCD5 but just purchased the SW102 and cabling to attach to a new TSDZ2. I have found the links to wire and flash the SW102 but cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to use it once done. If someone could please give me links and any advice other than what is on the github (https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... e-firmware)

Daniel
I understand your frustration, as I like to have documentation in hand as I'm configuring. Here is the v0.19.17 OSF SW102 manual I put together for when I am tuning. (First time attaching on this forum, hopefully it works! :) ) Pay no attention to the display contents of the picture on the first page. Its just a pix I grabbed.

P.S. Please let me know of any corrections needed.
Attachments
SW-102 V0.19.17 for TSDZ2 V19.0.pdf
(726.3 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
TerraTrike Rover Tandem - TSDZ2 48V 750W - 13AH Batteries - VLCD6-->SW102 with v0.5.0-beta-4 OSF

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3668
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by casainho » Nov 09 2019 12:22pm

windburner wrote:
Nov 09 2019 10:54am
danielson wrote:
Nov 09 2019 2:30am
I have previously been using the marcoq version with the VLCD5 but just purchased the SW102 and cabling to attach to a new TSDZ2. I have found the links to wire and flash the SW102 but cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to use it once done. If someone could please give me links and any advice other than what is on the github (https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... e-firmware)

Daniel
I understand your frustration, as I like to have documentation in hand as I'm configuring. Here is the v0.19.17 OSF SW102 manual I put together for when I am tuning. (First time attaching on this forum, hopefully it works! :) ) Pay no attention to the display contents of the picture on the first page. Its just a pix I grabbed.

P.S. Please let me know of any corrections needed.
Hi.

Would you want to write that SW102 manual on the wiki?? - everyone can write in the wiki, just need to be logged on github.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

Powerhour   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 08 2019 11:33am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by Powerhour » Nov 09 2019 3:54pm

So I’ve gotten the new firmware running on my bike and I’ve figured out the interface on the lcd3 pretty well I think. But it seems the output as far as speed goes is either lacklustre or my expectations were too high (I was hoping for similar performance as my hubmotor bikes but not even close, I can barely seem to get this bike to reach over 30km/hr with a 52V high drain pack) I’m using a steel framed kona mountain bike, but i wouldn’t call it heavy, and the rider definitely isn’t heavy. Am now looking for a road bike to install this on. Am I missing something here?

One thing I’ve noticed, is that my automatic cadence calibration turns the wheel very slowly and the numbers don't move it just stays at 50..but one time they did move around and settled on 62 or something unsure about this

phidauex   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 13 2019 11:00pm
Location: Colorado

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by phidauex » Nov 09 2019 5:22pm

Powerhour wrote:
Nov 09 2019 3:54pm
So I’ve gotten the new firmware running on my bike and I’ve figured out the interface on the lcd3 pretty well I think. But it seems the output as far as speed goes is either lacklustre or my expectations were too high (I was hoping for similar performance as my hubmotor bikes but not even close, I can barely seem to get this bike to reach over 30km/hr with a 52V high drain pack) I’m using a steel framed kona mountain bike, but i wouldn’t call it heavy, and the rider definitely isn’t heavy. Am now looking for a road bike to install this on. Am I missing something here?
Are you sure you aren't in "Street" mode which limits power? Also, check to see if you have "Experimental" mode set, I needed that to get higher than 250W. I don't know how strong your hub motors are, but I am riding the TSDZ2 on a single speed Surly, and top out at around 36kph, only because I hit max cadence, plenty of headroom left on the motor.

Powerhour   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 08 2019 11:33am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by Powerhour » Nov 09 2019 11:15pm

Yea with no load Just now I noticed it hits 32km/hr as if it gets to a speed limit wndvstops or something. I don't get that really high pitch sound that I would expect opening the throttle. Street mode is disabled, but I'll try this experimental mode. Thanks
(Thinking about reflashing with v19 if this doesn't resolve things) cheers

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 10 2019 1:22am

I have read
"NOTE: the motor controller can be enabled by simple connect green wire to white wire and this way there is no need to use LCD."

Is it possible to also adjust the power levels or use the throttle without the display ? I'm waiting on my SW102 and cabling but this might get me moving sooner. Sorry I'm impatient when it comes to getting a new bike going.

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 10 2019 1:35am

windburner wrote:
Nov 09 2019 10:54am
danielson wrote:
Nov 09 2019 2:30am
I have previously been using the marcoq version with the VLCD5 but just purchased the SW102 and cabling to attach to a new TSDZ2. I have found the links to wire and flash the SW102 but cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to use it once done. If someone could please give me links and any advice other than what is on the github (https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... e-firmware)

Daniel
I understand your frustration, as I like to have documentation in hand as I'm configuring. Here is the v0.19.17 OSF SW102 manual I put together for when I am tuning. (First time attaching on this forum, hopefully it works! :) ) Pay no attention to the display contents of the picture on the first page. Its just a pix I grabbed.

P.S. Please let me know of any corrections needed.
download/file.php?id=262134

Thanks that is just what I was after, will use it when all hooked up.

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 10 2019 5:17am

Does anybody have the pinout showing colors for the plug on the SW102 to save me cutting my loom open ?

windburner   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep 24 2019 3:45pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by windburner » Nov 10 2019 2:24pm

casainho wrote:
Nov 09 2019 12:22pm
Would you want to write that SW102 manual on the wiki?? - everyone can write in the wiki, just need to be logged on github.
Would like to be able to contribute to the effort, but I have no idea how writing is done in the wiki.
TerraTrike Rover Tandem - TSDZ2 48V 750W - 13AH Batteries - VLCD6-->SW102 with v0.5.0-beta-4 OSF

casainho   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3668
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by casainho » Nov 10 2019 3:20pm

windburner wrote:
Nov 10 2019 2:24pm
casainho wrote:
Nov 09 2019 12:22pm
Would you want to write that SW102 manual on the wiki?? - everyone can write in the wiki, just need to be logged on github.
Would like to be able to contribute to the effort, but I have no idea how writing is done in the wiki.
Please search on Google how to write on github wikis.

This is the direct link to edit the page: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... 19.X/_edit

You need first to register for free on github and then you will be able to edit that page. Later, maybe we can have only one page for each display as they have different configurations - or at least have a common page for 850C and SW102 as they share the same firmware base.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2 and KT) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).

If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.

buba   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 577
Joined: Aug 31 2018 12:36am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by buba » Nov 10 2019 11:03pm

jeff.page.rides wrote:
Nov 09 2019 2:43am
buba wrote:
Nov 08 2019 7:54pm
Can confirm that there is a bug with the cadence displayed when I installed the 0.20.0 Beta 1 from the official project page. But it seems that the bug is not present on the 0.20.0 Beta 1 that is on my drive... Will have to confirm this by testing some more.
I used the same LCD3 display with the file from your site on two different TSDZ2 motors 1 with the file from your site that the cadence displayed correctly and 1 with the file from the official site that the cadence display did not work.
This is a very strange bug. There are no differences between my code and the official version... Will have to look at it more closely.
GitHub: https://github.com/leon927
PayPal: leonstor at bredband.net

buba   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 577
Joined: Aug 31 2018 12:36am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by buba » Nov 10 2019 11:10pm

Powerhour wrote:
Nov 09 2019 3:54pm
So I’ve gotten the new firmware running on my bike and I’ve figured out the interface on the lcd3 pretty well I think. But it seems the output as far as speed goes is either lacklustre or my expectations were too high (I was hoping for similar performance as my hubmotor bikes but not even close, I can barely seem to get this bike to reach over 30km/hr with a 52V high drain pack) I’m using a steel framed kona mountain bike, but i wouldn’t call it heavy, and the rider definitely isn’t heavy. Am now looking for a road bike to install this on. Am I missing something here?
That does not sound right. I am easily getting up to 50 kph without any problems. Be sure to check all the configuration parameters and let us know how it goes!


Powerhour wrote:
Nov 09 2019 3:54pm
One thing I’ve noticed, is that my automatic cadence calibration turns the wheel very slowly and the numbers don't move it just stays at 50..but one time they did move around and settled on 62 or something unsure about this
Have you calibrated properly? See this video for more information on how to calibrate the cadence sensor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05rFrDUGHg&t=16s

EDIT: A properly calibrated cadence sensor will not solve the problems you have shared with us. But if you wish to keep using the advanced mode for the cadence sensor you should calibrate it.
GitHub: https://github.com/leon927
PayPal: leonstor at bredband.net

gatorsean   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 12 2019 1:28am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by gatorsean » Nov 11 2019 12:36am

danielson wrote:
Nov 10 2019 5:17am
Does anybody have the pinout showing colors for the plug on the SW102 to save me cutting my loom open ?
I used a bafang wiring harness for the breakout cable side and just the 8 pin connector side that came with the motor. I soldered the 8 wires together for a custom length harness that was just right for my bike.

Here is my cheat sheet:

Code: Select all

SW102 wire color      Bafang Harness color	         8 wire color (throttle)	 TSDZ2 controller wire function
yellow                        brown                                blue	                         (P+) battery voltage
blue                          orange                               red	                          Vin
red                            black                               black                          GND ground
black                         green                                yellow                         UART TX motor controller
green                         yellow                               brown                          UART RX motor controller
na                             white                                green                          Use with brakes
na                             blue                                 orange                         Use with throttle
na                             red                                  white                          5v For hidden brakes and throttle

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 11 2019 4:54am

Need some help.
I flashed the firmware in my new motor today and made necessary settings using marcoqs java configurator. I am waiting on my SW102 and have read that you can power the motor by joining white to green. I gave the 8 pin plug from the motor the chop and joined the white and green but no power. It is a new 48v motor from pswpower has 8 pin plug - female hole with 8 males pins in it. My battery is 52v thus the need to change the settings. Should what I have done worked ?

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 11 2019 5:01am

gatorsean wrote:
Nov 11 2019 12:36am
danielson wrote:
Nov 10 2019 5:17am
Does anybody have the pinout showing colors for the plug on the SW102 to save me cutting my loom open ?
I used a bafang wiring harness for the breakout cable side and just the 8 pin connector side that came with the motor. I soldered the 8 wires together for a custom length harness that was just right for my bike.

Here is my cheat sheet:

Code: Select all

SW102 wire color      Bafang Harness color	         8 wire color (throttle)	 TSDZ2 controller wire function
yellow                        brown                                blue	                         (P+) battery voltage
blue                          orange                               red	                          Vin
red                            black                               black                          GND ground
black                         green                                yellow                         UART TX motor controller
green                         yellow                               brown                          UART RX motor controller
na                             white                                green                          Use with brakes
na                             blue                                 orange                         Use with throttle
na                             red                                  white                          5v For hidden brakes and throttle
Perfect Thank-you

danielson   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 21 2019 1:45am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for TongSheng TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Post by danielson » Nov 11 2019 5:27am

danielson wrote:
Nov 11 2019 4:54am
Need some help.
I flashed the firmware in my new motor today and made necessary settings using marcoqs java configurator. I am waiting on my SW102 and have read that you can power the motor by joining white to green. I gave the 8 pin plug from the motor the chop and joined the white and green but no power. It is a new 48v motor from pswpower has 8 pin plug - female hole with 8 males pins in it. My battery is 52v thus the need to change the settings. Should what I have done worked ?
I read the motor controller can be enabled by simple connect green wire to white wire and this way there is no need to use LCD here https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbuck ... oller.html So joinging Green P+ battery voltage to White Vin / ground should enable the motor without the LCD, however with information that gatorsean just posted it looks like I should be joining blue to red ?
Am on the right track ?

Post Reply