I bought an Ebikeling 700c 1500w rear motor kit with sw900 LCD last year, and it's been good for me. After the fourth ride I found the rear wheel bent in, but Ebikeling sent me another wheel/motor for free, so it's all good. I took apart that spare motor last night to learn some details. I think this might be a clone of the Leaf Bike 1500w motor... Ebikeling doesn't post a dyno graph, but lo and behold it at least has 0.35mm laminations! Could it's efficiency be close to 90%?
I'm guessing it's a 4 turn motor; unloaded speed on a 700x38c tire was 59.0mph at 58.3 volts and drawing 2.3 amps still. That calculates to 12.37 rpm/volt, but more like 12.45 rpm/volt in the simulator accounting for drag. The controller says 35 amps, but my smart BMS says it's drawing 31 amps from 7mph to 33+mph. The sw900 programming on P14 has a range of 1-20 amps, but I've recorded no change while testing this.
Open images as a new tab for full resolution.
This crack might have happened from continuing to ride the bike after it bent.
I counted 97 laminations!
Electric Motors and Controllers
1 post • Page 1 of 1
My Ebike builds - Existing bikes, affordable motor kits, self built 14s6p batteries - Now with more recumbent!