TSDZ2 no longer works after disassembly [UPDATE: Works again]

bingo5

10 mW
Hi guys,

I have a problem and maybe you can help me. Since I live in a mountainous region, my engine overheats quickly. Therefore I wanted to follow these instructions: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-improve-motor-heat-dissipation.

Unfortunately my engine doesn't work after reassembly. When I use the walkassistent (VLCD 5) the motor turns for a very small turn and then it stops. Again I can't start the walkassistent, I have to switch off the battery and switch it on again. Firmware is by the way the 0.20 from mbrusa.

I think it is because of the hall sensor, because I did not pay enough attention when removing the black cap and there was a cracking noise. However, the sensor looks good optically and also the cables are all apparently ok. When measuring red to black shows ~4.1V. Red to the other colors shows 2* ~4V and 1* ~0.7V. Unfortunately I can't turn the motor to see if there is any change.

I have disassembled and reassembled the motor itself several times - here I see absolutely no error or problem.

Does anyone have a hint or does anyone already know the problem based on my description? Is it possible to buy the black cap with the hall sensor separately or do I need the whole engine again?

Thank you very much, have a nice day and stay healthy

hello,

I recommend that you post the problem on vlcd custom thread. With lcd3 you have a diagnostic screen where you can get some hints, but in this version i cant help.
I had you similar problems in 2 situations: LCD cable crushed and power cable crushed. In both cases the ldc started but the assistance was failing.

Thank you very much for your reply. I think the custom firmware has overwritten the error message. I will flash the original firmware tomorrow and see if it shows me anything. But I think more than "problem with motor" will not appear. My hope was that somebody might have experience with defective Hall sensors and can exclude or confirm my error. Even if I can't exclude the problem there, I haven't changed anything on the wiring (LCD or power).

As soon as pswpower delivers again, I will probably have to buy a whole new engine anyway.

Thanks again, maximusdm.
Due to your hint with the power cable, I thought again whether I might have broken something near the controller when opening the case. So I checked all cables again. I couldn't find any fault, but suddenly the motor is working normally again. When I wanted to reassemble everything, a cable of the temperature sensor came towards me. I test the motor again --> same error.

Therefore I think now that my temperature sensor had a cold solder joint (= loose contact) and the temperatureprotection always stopped the engine immediately. Actually the display should have shown this, but who knows...

I am so annoyed for the wasted hours searching in the wrong place.... especially when the weather gets bad again. But the main thing is that now everything works again after I soldered it again :D.

Back