Faulty baserunner?

HrKlev

1 kW
Hi, guys. I recently received a new stand alone baserunner and a bafang g310 motor from Grin, and another small motor, Aikema 75sx. Both motors and the baserunner have the standard 9-pin connector. I have problems getting the motors to run sensored. When I run autotune, I get error "blue hall faulty (high - disconnected or shorted to hall v+?)". The excact same happens on both motors. After some tuning, I have made the Aikema motor run quite decent in sensorless, but of course there are some cogging from 0rpm and high load, so I would like to run it sensored.

In the dashboard I can see the yellow and green sensors alternate, but not the blue one. Since it is the same error om both motors, Im guessing there's something with the controller? I will contact Grin about it, but since they are so busy at the moment, I figures I could ask here first... Is there anything I can do to figure this out?

Did you have any news from Grin? I previously had a similiar behaviour with a G310 as well. Now, I got a similar issue with a Bafang G60 on a fatbike equipped with a Baserunner too. The difference is that all my hall sensors are good. I installed 3 other Baserunner with direct drive motor without this issue.

Yeah, they got back to me after a few days. I measured the voltage between blue hall and ground to 2.4V, so that concluded the baserunner was faulty. Got an RMA number quite fast, but I ran it sensorless for a while until I sent it back a few days ago.

Back