Kelly Controller KLS14401-8080IPS Sine/Cosine Pre-Programmed for ME1507

curtmacneill

1 µW
Hey Guys,

First time posting on here, but I've perused the forum plenty of times in my day. I'm working on a build with my brother on his YouTube channel called "The Inja" involving an ME1507 paired with Sine/Cosine Kelly controllers. Originally, we had the 144v 400amp version of the KLS-8080IPS, but our peak voltage is only 116.8, so I'm considering going to the 96v version (which is safe up to 120v) to get 600amps of peak output.

Long story short, I have a Kelly controller capable of roughly 60kW at peak already programmed for the ME1507 that I may be looking to sell. Would any of you be interested at purchasing for a build of your own for $750 (USD)? It was installed, programmed, tested, and then removed without any real mileage. It would only require completing the identification angle when it arrived to you (this has to occur with all new motors). I would send a packet of all the connectors and such that came with the new controller when it arrived, so you would have a complete controller kit, pre-programmed, without taxes and likely less shipping, since it isn't coming from China.

Let me know if there is any interest for yourself or possibly others!

-Curt

Funny, I totally missed you mentioning your brothers YouTube channel when reading your post but I was thinking “huh, I wonder if this is the inja person”. Been watching both of your work, super cool stuff and actually inspired me to build an electric Vespa. As much as I would urge your brother to quit buying things off AliExpress, it does make for great content 😃

I think it's safe to say he's done with the large purchases, haha.

Sounds like a sweet project! Have you got it underway already? I would love to see a thread with some progress updates as you have them.

-Curt

I haven’t really posted about it yet but am planning to in the future. So far it’s drivable but I’m using some very undersized parts so I’m in the process of upgrading. My goal is to preserve as much original parts of the scooter as possible and to design as much of it as possible to be 3d printed

Here’s a quick shot of the old engine case/swing arm adapted for use with an electric motor and HTD belt pulley system from a month ago.

Attachments

• 9FFC2525-C8B6-4317-8C2B-88F870952CBA.jpeg
    9FFC2525-C8B6-4317-8C2B-88F870952CBA.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 525
Looks like a great setup! I'd love to know the final specs once you get the drive system upgraded. Quality craftsmanship on that initial installation. Looking forward to seeing more as you install the modifications.

-Curt

curtmacneill said:
Looks like a great setup! I'd love to know the final specs once you get the drive system upgraded. Quality craftsmanship on that initial installation. Looking forward to seeing more as you install the modifications.

-Curt

Thanks! I appreciate it. Yea, I’ll make a post here once I’ve gotten a little further along. I’m trying to keep this under my states definition of a “moped” so I don’t have to get insurance/registration/motorcycle license, etc. so it’s not going to be any speed demon but closer to a 50cc. Eventually I might get my motorcycle license and slap a bigger motor on it, we’ll see

curtmacneill said:
Hey Guys,

paired with Sine/Cosine Kelly controllers. Originally, we had the 144v 400amp version of the KLS-8080IPS
-Curt

are you sure about Sine/Cosine in the Kelly controller ?

Back