TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Electric Motors and Controllers
Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 12 2022 9:41am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 12 2022 7:12am
.....
Are there any type v1 controllers with 6-pin that I can still buy?
Also, I bought the motor from Enerprof, is this relevant?
Enerprof sells always non-flashable controllers, because he want to sell only EU certified Tsdz2 motors.
This has to do with local German laws and liability in case of accidents.

PSWpower is an International seller and still sell the old v.1 controller.

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 12 2022 12:10pm

Elinx wrote:
Aug 12 2022 9:41am
John_Smith wrote:
Aug 12 2022 7:12am
.....
Are there any type v1 controllers with 6-pin that I can still buy?
Also, I bought the motor from Enerprof, is this relevant?
Enerprof sells always non-flashable controllers, because he want to sell only EU certified Tsdz2 motors.
This has to do with local German laws and liability in case of accidents.

PSWpower is an International seller and still sell the old v.1 controller.
I had always thought the display was the controller, but perhaps the controller is something built into the TSDZ2?

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 12 2022 12:36pm

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 12 2022 12:10pm
...
I had always thought the display was the controller, but perhaps the controller is something built into the TSDZ2?
The display is just the in/output device. It communicate with the controller.

jeff.page.rides   100 W

100 W
Posts: 279
Joined: Aug 13 2019 10:16am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by jeff.page.rides » Aug 12 2022 3:53pm

:bigthumb: As I scan through the posts, it looks like there are so many problems and limitations with most of the displays but the 860C. The 860C is much better than any of the other displays by far. It is easier to Use, Program, and change settings when you are riding and see in any light, from direct sunlight to dark. Other than those that like a very small size and want to deal with the limitations of the very small displays? Just get an 860C when you order your conversion, or replace your old not even near-as-good display with the 860C and enjoy the best Display. Then wonder why you waited so long to get an 860C, the Best Display.
:bigthumb:

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 12 2022 5:18pm

jeff.page.rides wrote:
Aug 12 2022 3:53pm
...As I scan through the posts, it looks like there are so many problems and limitations with most of the displays but the 860C. ....
You realize this is your personal opinion. My personal opinion is another one. :wink:
I see problems with bootloader flashing , which never is the case with stock display.
Every option has his limitations and advantages. It depends on the person which he find important.
But most important is preparation before flashing, by reading the manual or the wiki.

The choices are:
A small discrete display like the vlcd6 and xh18 or sw102 or medium sized vlcd5 or the bigger one like KTlcd3 or 860C.
To complicate it, there is also a non-flashable 850C/860C for stock tsdz2.
Most settings are the same, but indeed the display handling is a lot easier with flashed KTlcd3/860C, also is the information on display.
Easy one time flashing the controller with STlink or with another special device for flashing the display bootloader

With third party displays there are some problems with new hardware, so it is not possible to flash the bootloader anymore.
With stock displays this is never a problem, because you only need to flash the controller.
Other problem is the non-flashable v.2 controller from Enerprof, but that is with both display's a problem

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 12 2022 6:57pm

I've learned a lot and I've thought about it in my own way.
https://www.pswpower.com/products/tsdz2 ... id-motor-5
I'm going to use a 36v-8pin controller for this.
https://cycles.eco/products/1t1-cable-w ... 6457984082
With this 8pin to 5pin conversion cable
https://cycles.eco/products/860c-displa ... 9435221074
Connect this 860c display and flash the OSF to the controller with STlink.
If there are no problems with this procedure, I am ready to buy it, is this OK?

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 13 2022 5:14am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 12 2022 6:57pm
I've learned a lot and I've thought about it in my own way......
:thumb:
I haven't experience with preflashed display's and conversion cables, because I use stock display for easy flashing. :wink:
But what I see looks good for easy flashing too.
Realize that you need other controller OSF for 860C display. The flashing procedure is also different with STVP

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 13 2022 6:24am

Elinx wrote:
Aug 13 2022 5:14am
John_Smith wrote:
Aug 12 2022 6:57pm
I've learned a lot and I've thought about it in my own way......
:thumb:
I haven't experience with preflashed display's and conversion cables, because I use stock display for easy flashing. :wink:
But what I see looks good for easy flashing too.
Realize that you need other controller OSF for 860C display. The flashing procedure is also different with STVP
I am not sure anymore and I will use a stock display instead of a preflashed display.
I want to use a sw102 display, where can I buy one?
Ecocycle? Ali Express? Or another shop?

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 13 2022 7:05am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 6:24am
.....I am not sure anymore and I will use a stock display instead of a preflashed display.
I want to use a sw102 display, where can I buy one?...
imho only Enerpower deliver a sw102 with stock firmware for Tsdz2.
I that case you only need another flashable controller from PSW.

But imho you better can use your vlcd6, before buying a SW102
This because the vlcd6 is supported 100% by OSF
They are easy interchangble afterwards.

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 13 2022 7:40am

Elinx wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:05am
John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 6:24am
.....I am not sure anymore and I will use a stock display instead of a preflashed display.
I want to use a sw102 display, where can I buy one?...
imho only Enerpower deliver a sw102 with stock firmware for Tsdz2.
I that case you only need another flashable controller from PSW.

But imho you better can use your vlcd6, before buying a SW102
This because the vlcd6 is supported 100% by OSF
They are easy interchangble afterwards.
My TSDZ2 is 36v.
Pswpower only sells 8pin to 36v controllers.
The 8pin to 5pin conversion cable is sold at ecocycle but the 8pin to 6pin cable I could not find.
So I decided to use a 5pin display such as the sw102.
When using the sw102, ANOTHER flashable controller from PSW is
https://www.pswpower.com/products/tsdz2 ... id-motor-5
Is this not good enough?

pxl666   100 W

100 W
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 22 2019 2:53pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by pxl666 » Aug 13 2022 7:56am

if setup correctly, vlcd6 is the best imho . visible . minimal . unobtrusive . allows for clean look on the handlebar. I'd say it's perfect...imho

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 13 2022 8:17am

pxl666 wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:56am
if setup correctly, vlcd6 is the best imho . visible . minimal . unobtrusive . allows for clean look on the handlebar. I'd say it's perfect...imho
How do I connect my vlcd6?
It is absolutely necessary to flash the osf, as I cannot adapt it to the law in my area without osf.
But I cannot connect the vlcu6 to the 36v-8pin.

pxl666   100 W

100 W
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 22 2019 2:53pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by pxl666 » Aug 13 2022 9:59am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 8:17am
pxl666 wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:56am
if setup correctly, vlcd6 is the best imho . visible . minimal . unobtrusive . allows for clean look on the handlebar. I'd say it's perfect...imho
How do I connect my vlcd6?
It is absolutely necessary to flash the osf, as I cannot adapt it to the law in my area without osf.
But I cannot connect the vlcu6 to the 36v-8pin.
i think simplest way is to solder new higo 6pin to your controller and connect vlcd6 to it . which LCD do you have now ? did you order vlcd5 ?

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 13 2022 3:51pm

pxl666 wrote:
Aug 13 2022 9:59am
John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 8:17am
pxl666 wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:56am
if setup correctly, vlcd6 is the best imho . visible . minimal . unobtrusive . allows for clean look on the handlebar. I'd say it's perfect...imho
How do I connect my vlcd6?
It is absolutely necessary to flash the osf, as I cannot adapt it to the law in my area without osf.
But I cannot connect the vlcu6 to the 36v-8pin.
i think simplest way is to solder new higo 6pin to your controller and connect vlcd6 to it . which LCD do you have now ? did you order vlcd5 ?
I have a vlcd6.
I didn't want to do much soldering because I'm not very good at it, but isn't that soldering process too detailed?

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 13 2022 4:37pm

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 8:17am
......
How do I connect my vlcd6?
.....
But I cannot connect the vlcu6 to the 36v-8pin.
PSWPower does sell also a 6pin controller.
The 36V and 48V controller are 100% equal, only the firmware differs.
If you flash OSF you can choose your Voltage
And if you want to use stock firmware it is possible to flash the right Voltage version of it.

So imho the easiest way is to order a 6pin controller from PSWPower and flash OSF on the controller and use it with Vlcd6

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 13 2022 7:57pm

Elinx wrote:
Aug 13 2022 4:37pm
PSWPower does sell also a 6pin controller.
The 36V and 48V controller are 100% equal, only the firmware differs.
If you flash OSF you can choose your Voltage
And if you want to use stock firmware it is possible to flash the right Voltage version of it.

So imho the easiest way is to order a 6pin controller from PSWPower and flash OSF on the controller and use it with Vlcd6
I ordered a 6pin 48v controller.
The 860c seems to flash the hex file with STVP, does the vlcd6 not use the hex file?

pxl666   100 W

100 W
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 22 2019 2:53pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by pxl666 » Aug 14 2022 3:06am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:57pm
Elinx wrote:
Aug 13 2022 4:37pm
PSWPower does sell also a 6pin controller.
The 36V and 48V controller are 100% equal, only the firmware differs.
If you flash OSF you can choose your Voltage
And if you want to use stock firmware it is possible to flash the right Voltage version of it.

So imho the easiest way is to order a 6pin controller from PSWPower and flash OSF on the controller and use it with Vlcd6
I ordered a 6pin 48v controller.
The 860c seems to flash the hex file with STVP, does the vlcd6 not use the hex file?
firmware works with display with no need to flash display itself . hard to imagine simpler flash. when all settings are right ,flash itself takes 45s and you're done

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 14 2022 8:22am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 13 2022 7:57pm
.....
I ordered a 6pin 48v controller.
The 860c seems to flash the hex file with STVP, does the vlcd6 not use the hex file?
The 860C is a more intelligent display with enough memory for custom firmware.
That is why the display handling is much more easier to do then with stock display like vlcd6, as jeff.page.rides said before.

With vlcd6 you need to setup your preferences before flashing the controller with java configurator.
With 860C you flash only a basic file to the controller and change this with 860C display

FYI
Try first your vlcd6 display with the ordered 6-pin controller and if you aren't satisfied you always can order that preflashed 860C afterwards and flash the controller again with 860C-OSF.

The vlcd6 is a nice small and discrete display, but unfortunately not the easiest to handle compared to stock vlcd5 or xh18
So you need some learning curve to get all you want.

pxl666   100 W

100 W
Posts: 121
Joined: Aug 22 2019 2:53pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by pxl666 » Aug 14 2022 9:40am

I can share setup and you may try it . then this will be the last time you need to fiddle around with this ..

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 14 2022 11:01am

Thank you.
I'll learn more before the controller arrives for now.
If I have any problems after the controller arrives, I will ask for help again.

Testi   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: May 10 2022 2:00pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Testi » Aug 16 2022 2:45am

Has someone already tested OSF with this Display: DZ41 Display
Image
Here Available: https://enerprof.de/en/motor-kits/displ ... 0-cm-cable

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 16 2022 4:28am

Testi wrote:
Aug 16 2022 2:45am
Has someone already tested OSF with this Display: DZ41 Display....
If this display is for tsdz2 it is possible to use the OSF for stock display.
I know there are more "stock" display versions, like SW102 and 860C, specific made for Tsdz2

The problem is you only can choose vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18 which not always match with these displays.
The difference is error handling and batterybars.
So you must find a compromise which choice best fits.
Last edited by Elinx on Aug 16 2022 4:31am, edited 1 time in total.

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 23 2022 6:40pm

I was able to successfully get to the point where I could read in STVP by replacing the controller.
Then the question arose again, what is the difference between the STM8S105x4 and the STM8S105x6?
I'm using a vlcd6 display, which is more appropriate?
Also, I would like to know if there is anything I should do with the stock firmware.

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 982
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Aug 24 2022 2:04am

John_Smith wrote:
Aug 23 2022 6:40pm
.... difference between the STM8S105x4 and the STM8S105x6?.....
Number of used bits and because of that file size
Stock firmware backup/restore use STM8S105x4 with STVP
OSF backup/restore use STM8S105x6 with STVP

With vlcd6 you don't need to setup these bits, because you use the java configurator
The flashing script sets the bits for flashing with the command prompt
For that you must shut down STVP before you hit "compile & flash"

John_Smith   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 09 2022 8:05am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by John_Smith » Aug 24 2022 2:19am

Elinx wrote:
Aug 24 2022 2:04am
Number of used bits and because of that file size
Stock firmware backup/restore use STM8S105x4
OSF flashing (or backup/restore) use STM8S105x6
When I compiled and flashed it, it seemed to work until halfway through, but Programming PROGRAM MEMORY fails.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (58.32 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Post Reply