"Shunting" Sur-ron controller - is it possible to increase only battery amps ?

stepus

1 W
Hi, I want to try shunt surron x controller. I have depotted it. Here are pictures :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=89902&start=5450
So what i found are only two hall sensors on phases, so they are calculating battery amps from them.
I measured sensitivity of thoose sensors and on OPAMP output (MCU input) there is 5mV/1A sensitivity, directly on hall sensor is sensitivity 4,2mV/A . Sensitivity is calculated to be near saturation volts of halls. So i need to change magnetic circuit - weak field going throught halls for more amps. But now controller draws 60A battery current, and i have measured phase amps peak aroud 350A. So when i modify halls, it will lineary add phase amps and battery current ? So if i want 120A battery - phase will by 700A ? Is it possible to only push more battery amps because 700Amps is a huge current and iam worry about fets, and surron motor can saturate at this current etc.
Thanks for advise.

I think if you are "shunting" it, you're not going to be able to increase battery amps without increasing phase amps as well. It should be controlling the battery amps by just scaling the power, which is calculated as:
Battery current = phase current x duty cycle (transformed depending on the control mechanism).

Would probably need to mess with the software.

Back