Tongsheng vlcd6

clodeb

1 µW
What are my option with this vlcd6 display as to change firmware, i really like this minimalist display. I use a 500w 48v 6 pins,with 20amp 48batt.On a fatbike and apart for good power when starting it is a bit anemic after that. Coupled with 34 chainring wich clear barelly the chainstay.

Thank you for any advice.

clodeb said:
What are my option with this vlcd6 display as to change firmware,...
This one or that one

The first one is imho the easiest to do. Configurate the OSF as you want, flash the controller with ST V2 link and go.
For the second one you have to add a bluetooth module, but you can configurate options with your phone and use the vlcd6 on tour.

I agree I also really like the small VLCD6. I tried the open source firmware Casinho version 1.1 with the re-flashed SW102 display but struggled to access and understand the config menu. However having managed to configure the basics and using the default settings I rode the bike for about a month. But if set at a power level suitable for low cadences it was too powerful when pedaling fast. I finally went back to the original stock firmware and really enjoyed my bike again, but the stock firmware is really good but gives little power at higher cadences.
I then found the Emmebrusa version of the open source firmware ... for the original displays! ... and I really like the mini VLCD6. I was a bit daunted as it involved downloading and installing a few programs to my pc. However this all went ok. The Java configurator program to set all the parameters is easy to use and when connected to the motor it compiles and flashes the new firmware. The download package includes two pdf instruction files which are well written and clear to understand. My Tongsheng bike now runs brilliantly. I set it to default to the "eMTB" mode. I love it. There is a very odd menu system by multiple activation of the lights function. However once you get how it works, it's easy to use and remember.
Link to the Emmebrusa OSF ........
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/wiki

Also lots of backup on this forum. See .......
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281

Back