MPaulHolmes controller issues

laapmetot

100 mW
What I try to do is to get the motenergy ME1616 PMAC or PMSM permanent magnet synchronous motor to work with the P&S controller. This is a controller designed by MPaulHolmes, the whole thread is on ecomodder andgoes back a decade or more https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthr...eap-3-phase-inverter-ac-controller-10839.html

The controller itself is functional: I have a leaf motor which runs fine, both with the standard resolver with P&S interface board to convert resolver to encoder, and with custom code from paul to run a sincos sensor.

Current sensors have correct values, current settings and throttle settings are ok. So I know for sure the electronics are ok and basic setup too.

Since both the ME1616 and the leaf motor are PM motors, I didnt expect much trouble. famous last words :)

First thing i did:
try motor type 4 which is generic pm motor.
I have a US digital encoder mounted on the ME1616: 2000 cpr, index pulse and open ended per Paul's instructions. I set the encoder-ticks to 2000 and set the pole pairs to 5 per motor datasheet.
Unfortunately the motor doesnt turn, its just sits there vibrating a bit and making "inverter noise". what I tried:
- stream-poscnt: counts up to 8000 and drops to zero and raises up again etc. So that seems good (2000cpr x 4 for quadrature sounds logical) When turning the motor the other side it runs down to zero, then jumps up to 65000 or something and goes down. Weird, not what I expected: I would expect the index pulse to result in reset to 8000.
- Tried 500cpr just to see if that helps: but no.
- swap a-b to check if encoder runs opposite direction then motor. No difference.
- tried step by step the whole angle-offset range, also for swapped ab. There is a range in which the motor " wiggles" a bit more but no clear correct value
- when switching on the controller without encoder connected, it turns slowly and rough: must be the startup sequence which runs until first index pulse.

So, no good result.

Then I tried the sincos version with custom software I got. I can stream sine and cosine values which make sense: go up and down in a range roughly between 400-800. Center value in the software is 612 so no need to correct that. Basically the same result as before: motor wiggles but that's it. I tried the same as above to no avail.

I tried checking the code: I can change small stuff and recompile, but digging in the heart of the functionality is beyond my understanding of C and motor theory. I tried reading up on both topics but you cant become a software and power electronics professional in a couple of weeks unfortunately.

Maybe somebody can help with this? There are a couple of these controllers out there as far as I know.

[youtube]hJSRw9ITxFk[/youtube]
[youtube]w-5cUruwHgI[/youtube]

sincos.jpgleaf with sincos.jpgsettings example generic pm.jpgleaf with resolver and interface board.jpgP&S controller.jpgdyno.jpggokart with me1616 motor.jpg

Back