EGO 56V lawnmower motor

I have several pieces of EGO gear, including my original leaf blower and more lately a fantastic string trimmer and (yes) a snow blower that does a surprisingly good job. I wonder if the snow blower uses the same or similar motor to the mower? It has a lot of power.

I also made a 3D print mount for the EGO batteries to run my TSDZ2 converted Canondale. You could do the same with a take off battery mount from a dead tool if you can find one. These batteries seem very robust and power my bike just fine and the 5 AH give respectable range. I believe they even offer 7.5AH versions now.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3415459

spinningmagnets said:
Sadly, it's brushed. He tested the RPM's twice using a cheap tach. It's a nice size for any kiddie vehicle project you can think of, but I doubt used ones will be easy to find. I suspect the mowers will last a very long time. I have one and I'm happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEyJ1uGcJQ

4,380 RPM @ 61V = 71 kV
3,130 RPM @ 47V = 67 kV

MotorEGO1.jpg

the first EGO item I bought was the weed trimmer, and I am VERY pleased with it.

Based on that, the following year I bought the $550 mower with powered wheels. Its pricey, but I expect it to last a very long time, where before I would buy a new cheap gasoline mower every five years or so...

The main benefit to me is that I can mow and trim at 6:00 in the morning when its cool, without disturbing the neighbors who are sleeping-in. Both the mower and trimmer are very quiet.

We need one of those mowers. Property has a couple of steep hills that can't be gotten with the riders so we finish up with an ancient non-propelled gasser. If and when it becomes clear if we will be keeping this place for awhile I'll get the Ego mower.

my last gas mower, I decided to treat myself and pay the extra $50 to get the power axle, and I suffered for decades pushing a cheap unpowered one up hills.

EGO also has a smaller 20-inch blade model, with no power axle and a 5.0-Ah battery. I think its $100/$150 cheaper.

I have 21-inch blade, 7.5-Ah, and a small separate brushed motor to drive the front wheels. Well worth it to me.

When the battery wears out, a new 7.5-Ah is $360, but both mowers will work on the cheaper 5.0-Ah.

I hear ya! When I was a teenager my dad got us a nice self propelled Snapper or Toro mower and I hated it... because it slowed me down. I had to wait for that thing. But now that I am old I appreciate any help I can get. :)

My snow blower takes 2 5AH batteries. They are set up in parallel and give me plenty of run time.

spinningmagnets said:
my last gas mower, I decided to treat myself and pay the extra $50 to get the power axle, and I suffered for decades pushing a cheap unpowered one up hills.

EGO has a 20 inch blade model with no power axle and a 5.0-Ah battery. I think its $100/$150 cheaper.

I have 21-inch blade, 7.5-Ah, and a small separate brushed motor to drive the front wheels. Well worth it to me.

When the battery wears out, a new 7.5-Ah is $360, but both mowers will work on the cheaper 5.0-Ah.

file.php

That looks surprisingly like a common 120VAC corded mower motor!

I believe the EGO battery BMS does that itself internally. It has a time function after which it bleeds charge down to a storage state. I looked it up once but don't recall the specifics as to time and voltage.

nicobie said:
I've got both the leaf blower and the hedge trimmer and like both of them. They appear to come with a competent battery charger that will keep the battery at the proper state of charge when not used for awhile. If I didn't have artificial turf, I'd own the mower too. :mrgreen:

Back