Need help - FLJ 13 inch 3000w motor (from the K6) as upgrade for my e-moed

danielgraqui

1 µW
Hi! First post here and quite new to EVs. I got an e-moped some months ago for use in delivery services (48v motor rated at 350w but maybe could be running at around 1000w (20 amp controller). It has decent speed (37 kph) but it is not torquey enough in some climbs.
213465975_1004961000274578_4279334362234611883_n.jpg

I've been planing to replace it as well as the batteries (lead acid) but shipping from China is insanely expensive lately for most of my options. I saw this FLJ motor and it seems a good option and has reasonable shipping cost to my country.
H4c4788a2d65d427baa05c6941d9a3bceP.jpg
But I'm quite concerned because the scooter the motor is from has dual motors, and each motor has a respective controller, front or rear. I'm only planning to install one of those motors on the rear axle, but I've got no idea if it could work with its intended controller because I don't know if the two controllers meant for the K6 scooter should work together. Another question I have is if I could use a different controller but changing the connectors to match the ones from the motor. Any help would be thankful.

If there are 2 controllers, the motors might run independent of each other.

Is there only 1 throttle? Do the motors both run every time you touch the throttle or can you turn one off for energy saving?

You'll need to trace some wires to see what connects to each of them. Most people here will recommend making a wiring diagram drawing so if you need to cancel you plan, you can put everything back the way it started.

Also a good idea to do a little math and see what your new power limit is with a bigger motor. If your battery is not able to handle the new demand of power, you could cause some damage on those steep climbs.

If you love the size and look of the moped, it could be worth investing the money to improve its hill climbing. If you don't love it, it might be a better investment to start with a different vehicle.

No matter what, I would recommend doing some math on what your power requirement would be on the motor you want. That will get you started down the right path.

Back