What is the best practice Wye connection for integer wound motor

Let me preface this by saying, forgive my ignorance and if this has been addressed before, I looked but could not find such info.

I have an integer wound motor design with 26 poles and 78 slots. It's winding scheme is AA|bb|CC|aa|BB|cc rinse and repeat... unlike with other windings schemes at the bavaria winding scheme calculator that state specifically where to make the wire connections the site does not state where to make them for integer wound motors.

So is it better to make them at coils 1, 2, and 3 for A | b | C respectively or would it be better to shift the phase connections 120 degrees and make the connections at coils 1, 27, and 53 as A | b | ?

So this connection?

AM-JKLWJtkurrap5eBcVIqIQnXxPCAHM7erk3Xwqqj3tGqHKR8eDyvFT87Y3fRXjh0K8g5H5MlIJp7U563AEUYgfVGw2QFfQmb-Inw-1yTZmmdQCl0uciaI3GyqxK8cadi-TIyQ-5GHMrSYhLrhygZPHHKNs=w768-h541-no

Or this connection?

AM-JKLVhEWP1b2FK8hWmmPvTmnDCWkKfmsAHMU3zlFa0-N-HnaMJHrZpSSumOMUJSYgyoDeMhOindgUVg4CddJ6TVvkMCD4sKTAV9Cjw1NvDLKW60scq8PTLFd21HN1Dl7IFUaCukzvtsEd_AFdSfGCW8cNZ=w782-h614-no

Is there any difference operationally?

Also, I plan to either make a die to stamp these coils out of 110/C110/C11000 Electrolytic Tough Pitch copper sheet 0.08" thick, or have them 3D printed. It will be much cheaper to stamp them but if I 3D print them I can get more loops per coil. I want high amperage ability, lower rpm and high torque, what is better for windings?

Yes, I am emulating the Lynch (and the Binova) motor but brushless...

AM-JKLUJU2hI70boV4f68gje2g_hvxTn2nB8TTntv1yLsHY5LaKZ8ClFoAtShykpUlkIzu6gnS35Sqfv3WYgTyGk5d2ejNFkHwVMV9nJu6xO4NBHeyyKXDxJ1-cEF9CSMiinO39IFFMN1RI1M29193jNbiQy=w977-h577-no

AM-JKLU3gBmKbnKRtHpgMNU8Ats7-Ag34-NYxKEEThIq15_FTgEfgtEfS53IzeW4IFVIJ4PpfvXe8p_QGQbCQ7VK1VlTl0kxjsBMjeItRxckoMHk_W730NMvu4EgxChRjgEjE0fcxeXkN-ETE0EKdWCrlx-F=w1085-h474-no

Thanks for any assistance/feedback people may provide

If you looked closely at the previous post and thought that I have my bends wrong, well you are correct. Here is the corrected A phase coil design.

The A phase is actually comprised of two nested coils, All the clockwise would A coils first connect to each other, then all the counter clockwise coils, using offset coil legs connected in such a manner as to achieve an alternating CW CCW coil lay out. I've made the CCW coils lighter to help distinguish them.

AM-JKLXC1bovNmv_286ALuqGcw2O-fKbgE7oVTSgWHSZrkkAb70iFUL9GR4mgm-w-DBiwnTCb1ZK4420RxeFcq7QkgUhTYe3zW1QsT6RhGCs94kNUq5TSM4mYGIXr8JqGCtlwZ1Hha94ezsZVWvzaRK7q8aU=w996-h627-no

The B and C coils are built and connected the same way and nest within these like so:

AM-JKLWFO53UaESbK8JSPJxwA_G9z9Wk4o9QTwXFqxlYE4W9rBLGMZ9F21DOuvBFxHDi_Bgm3abEadINe5WfwuaT0IvWoA4PBipJC2OsIdZDVLHu28BAXuNt2FKADbfmUUamhXiigIOc0k-yFBJ7eRFOWnt0=w900-h611-no

If you're wiring the coils in series, which you must be to get a useable kv, then the order in which they're wired really shouldn't make a difference except to the ease of wiring and assembly.

Last time I looked at 3d printing metals I nearly had a heart attack at the price. It's not really applicable to production.... I'd go with stamping the sheets. You'll probably get better resistivity values with rolled sheet anyway.

Spotting your bend error from the pics you posted is quite unlikely for someone not examining it in minute detail with a good understanding of motors. I've found it now.

mxlemming said:
If you're wiring the coils in series, which you must be to get a useable kv, then the order in which they're wired really shouldn't make a difference except to the ease of wiring and assembly.

Last time I looked at 3d printing metals I nearly had a heart attack at the price. It's not really applicable to production.... I'd go with stamping the sheets. You'll probably get better resistivity values with rolled sheet anyway.

Spotting your bend error from the pics you posted is quite unlikely for someone not examining it in minute detail with a good understanding of motors. I've found it now.

I'm buying a 3D printer, so just for shits and giggles I'll try Virtual Foundry's 90% copper filament intended for finishing in a sintering furnace. Post sintering it is 100% copper. It is not too pricey at $75 bucks a roll. I'll print a few coil loops and measure the resistance pre and post sintering, and compare with a die punched coil. If they come out similarly I'll consider printing a one piece coil set and of course report the findings here.

Sounds like series it is... it is certainly easier.

Back