How to deterine the motor RPM rating of my Bafang RM G06

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to determine the RPM rating of my Bafang motor.

The code on the motor is

BF RMG06 36V250W(9)
20-2101267286-6 (serial?)

I believe it's this one:
https://bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/motor/rm-g060250350500dc/

On a full charge of my 36v battery it's getting around 18mph when i lift the back wheel off the floor and give full throttle (no load).

I presume the voltage is a little less when under slight load to spin the motor.

I used the Grin calculator and used the Bafang G60 preset. I entered 40.7v as a custom battery and it gave me 18mph, so that matched up. The RPM at that speed is 301.3.

https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?motor=MG60_500&wheel=20i&axis=mph&mass=80&hp=0&batt=cust_40.7_0.2_8

The specs listed on the Bafang site suggest two types of RPM:

n0 (Rpm) = 325 ; 245
nT (Rpm) = 290 ; 205

Does n0 (n zero) means no load and nT mean expected RPM under load (typical)?

Rpm is presumably stated at a nominal voltage, but the specs list voltage of 36/43/48. Doesn't nominal mean in the middle?

I then used the calculator to determine the RPM at various voltages:

36v = 293 RPM
43v = 317 RPM

Both of these voltages produce RPM which are closely related to the specs, but 36v is close to nT and 43v is close to n0, but neither are bang on; one slightly less and one slightly more. The result is 36v is the closest, but not to the spec that i'm presuming means no load. The 43v result is not that far from the result i would expect, so perhaps it's close enough, considering the motor is also having to spin a large 20-inch fat wheel.

Another confusing aspect of the specs is the semicolon '325 ; 245'. Does this mean there are two options, or does it mean that there could be multiple products within that range? The rest of the specs use slashes, for example the voltages aren't listed as '36 ; 48'.

Ultimately, i want to understand if there is a faster wind of motor available. If there is a faster motor, does anyone know where i can purchase one and what to look out for? I am considering to remove and replace the core from the shell.

Thanks for any insights you may have!

Back