TWIZY MOTOR & SEVCON

ZALO

1 mW
Hello forum members.

I am working on a powerful electric vehicle based on the Renault Twizy drive.
I struggle with the attempt to reconfigure the original controller so that it works
with the absolute minimum such as an ignition switch, direction switch and throttle.

Has anyone run such a set as an independent drive unit?
Additionally, does anyone have a DLD file for Sevcon Induction Motor Control (ACIM)?
If we manage to start the set together,
I will share here the instructions on how to do it, the set is really great!

TWIZY_ZALO.jpg

Not sure if this is all CAN based. If it is it's likely looking for some info from different things before it will do anything.

They don't have a Renault section but have a controller to interrupt / inject can signals. https://openinverter.org/forum/

It really helps to have a running car to probe / sniff communications, wiring, etc.

Theese are original settings for Twizzy motor from the OEM. In case you use a different inverter you can use that data.
https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4497#p4497

from what i know about twizzy's, most things are controlled via can. even replacing the battery is not a straight forward job. There is an opensource project based on an arduino that helps with the CAN part of things to get a new battery running.

also,
if you visit the faqmous video site and search for " dual drive twittzy" you will get to the chanel of a guy who is building a dual motor twizzy. he has some videos about how he dealt with the software part of things. Maybe reach out to him and see if he is willing to share how he did it?

Hello forum members.

I am working on a powerful electric vehicle based on the Renault Twizy drive.
I struggle with the attempt to reconfigure the original controller so that it works
with the absolute minimum such as an ignition switch, direction switch and throttle.

Has anyone run such a set as an independent drive unit?
Additionally, does anyone have a DLD file for Sevcon Induction Motor Control (ACIM)?
If we manage to start the set together,
I will share here the instructions on how to do it, the set is really great!

View attachment 310146
Did u find something?I am curios because i have an Aixam car and i want to do quite same thing.

Back