3D look up table for Sevcon Gen 4 Controller

ShivamBhatia

1 µW
Hello Everyone,
I am a motor designer working on IPM motor project for EVs. I am trying to integrate an Interior Magnet - PMSM motor with Sevcon Gen 4 Controller. I have done all the initial characterisation and have done some runs on Dyno using PMAC Geometric algorithm. With Geometric algorithm, the controller was able to calculate the Id limit which is matching with the design parameters. But it is not able to predict the value of Id correctly at multiple operational region of the motor. Its shooting up to peak Id limit rather than the required Id current for that torque input command because of which motor loops are unstable and efficiency is low.

One way to solve this problem is to use the Interior PMAC 3D lookup table algorithm instead PMAC geometric algorithm. I have all the necessary data for the 3D lookup table but I am not able to input it in the controller and I don't see any other way to edit the look up table. The following error (Image attached) is popping up on trying multiple file formats. Does anyone has any experience on how to solve this or work around it in some way.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Sevcon 1.png
    Sevcon 1.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Sevcon 2.png
    Sevcon 2.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 324
Back