Plettenberg Nova 10 alternatives

bikerpete

100 W
I'm looking for an inrunner in the 5-10kw peak (under 20sec) range, probably 3ish kW continuous, and capable of something in the realm of 7500+rpm on 48V.
The Plettenberg looks about the mark, but obviously the price is a bit off-putting.

I don't care that much about efficiency, and the size can go up to 160mm dia and 150mm or so long (I'm replacing a QS138-70). Anything up to a similar weight as the QS would be fine, around 10-11kg I believe. Lighter would be nice, but whatever.

Has anyone seen something that might be a more affordable alternative.

For more detail this is the story.
I have a QS138-70 which has ample power on 48V. On a Nucular 12F I saw peaks of 8.8kW. It would be nice to hit similar power output, but a bit of a drop isn't really a problem. I'm guessing wildly that 8.8kW in the controller probably represents maybe 5kW at the shaft? Or less?
The QS tops out at around 5000rpm with FW.
I'm trying to increase the energy stored in a flywheel and the energy in a flywheel goes up by the square of the RPM, so increasing RPM is vastly more effective than increasing diameter or mass.
I am using a Fardriver controller, or I could swap in the Nuc 12F.
The 12F is a little bit current restricted on the QS, but perhaps on a higher RPM motor using less amps it would be good. There are a couple of other issues with the Nucular that make it less than ideal but this is mostly for concept testing, so I can work around them.

I considered the Astro Flight 3220 but I think it's probably a bit low on power.
Also looked at NeuMotor 2230/12/3Y but I'm not interested in the 8mm shaft (this is belt primary drive) and also not sure that 80A Max is going to come anywhere near what I need. I haven't found any curves for this motor - their specs sheet isn't very revealing.
EDIT: I just looked at the NeuMotor 4410/1.5Y - that's looking interesting. 167KV, max 60V. Should spin to 7700rpm.
Or the Neu 4415/1Y with same specs but higher max current. Hmmm.

I've had a bit of a hunt on Aliexpress but mostly it's outrunners that seem to come up, which are no use to me.

Thanks.

Back