SOLUTION FOR MORE MOTOR-AMPS

LOWRACER

100 W
Hi, it's me again...

I've tested out, that the most loss is not in the controller or in the coils.
It's in the cable of the motor!!!
Ok, in the following pictures you maybe see more details...

Attachments

• DSCF6263.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6234.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6256.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6245.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6265.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6261.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,976
  • DSCF6230.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,969
umm.... does that measurement show different currents on the same wire? That's not right from a technical standpoint, see the law of conservation of mass specifically applied to electronics and the law of conservation of current, current at each end of a wire MUST be the same or else there is something connected to that wire between the two points you are measuring.

PhoenixOSU said:
umm.... does that measurement show different currents on the same wire? That's not right from a technical standpoint, see the law of conservation of mass specifically applied to electronics and the law of conservation of current, current at each end of a wire MUST be the same or else there is something connected to that wire between the two points you are measuring.
NO! The showing measurement is with a electronic amperemeter pliers.
The incoming AMPs to the controller are DC and the outgoing AMPs to the motor are AC.
With the programmable controller I can select between block-mode or sinus-mode.

Yep, the stock phase leads on a 9C are very wimpy. I made a guide on solving the problem in this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14580&start=0&hilit=10awg+wires+9c

Enjoy!

PS: You have a controller that does Sine or block selectively??? And looks like it uses TO247 or TO264 package FETs??? I'm VERY interested in your controller!

Good stuff Lowracer.

What do you use as a dyno to load the motor? It would be so useful to have some equipment to load a motor and check the whole system. It wouldn't have to give absolute power level output levels, just as long as it could give reasonable relative values. Or even if it just loaded the motor and gave no meaningful output data it would still be really useful IMO.

Thats not a bolt...THIS is a bolt-->

file.php

What the hell is that off?

KiM

So which bridge should I not drive across now? Oh, it's on you side of the Pond, so that's all right then! :twisted:
(sorry, couldn't resist that). :D

AussieJester said:

KiM

Motor-mount bolt for Methy's vibrator. :D :p) :shock:

AussieJester said:
Thats not a bolt...THIS is a bolt-->

file.php

KiM

That's only a bolt!!!!! You get bolts from M3(3mm) until M40(40mm) and more, and of course in every length! What I needed was an axle with a strength category of 12.9, so it's a misappropriation of this bolt. BUT you will not find this bolt into a DIY, it's from the bridge engineering...

Let's hear more about this controller that does Sine and block PWM. I'm very very interested in a controller like that.

liveforphysics said:
Yep, the stock phase leads on a 9C are very wimpy. I made a guide on solving the problem in this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14580&start=0&hilit=10awg+wires+9c

Enjoy!

PS: You have a controller that does Sine or block selectively??? And looks like it uses TO247 or TO264 package FETs??? I'm VERY interested in your controller!

YES, this controller is full programmable and with 8xIRPF4110 TO247AC FETs.
6 FETS are for the motor control and the other 2 FETs control the recouperation of the brake.
For example, I can program via USB connection the voltage, amps, speed, pedal sensor 1/0, sinus/block, reverse gear, recouperation, batt control 1/0, batt type...
It's an custom-made design for me by a german company.

paultrafalgar said:
So which bridge should I not drive across now? Oh, it's on you side of the Pond, so that's all right then! :twisted:
(sorry, couldn't resist that). :D

Don't drive across solid bamboo bridges, then you drive straight into hell!
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

cell_man said:
Good stuff Lowracer.

What do you use as a dyno to load the motor? It would be so useful to have some equipment to load a motor and check the whole system. It wouldn't have to give absolute power level output levels, just as long as it could give reasonable relative values. Or even if it just loaded the motor and gave no meaningful output data it would still be really useful IMO.

The maximum load is the "burn out", take a look...

[youtube]gTNrTnEXudY[/youtube]
[youtube]Kvm7v6TMykU[/youtube]
[youtube]gLoa1c8JTHE[/youtube]

Back