external controllers

tron1275

1 µW
Hi. I have a 600 watt Kollmorgan motor on my Phat Flyer and the things dead... the motor windings are ok but the controler is dead.

Has anyone made/modified an external controler for these motors??

The controler cant be fixed because its all set in sealer, I did try to strip the previous motor with no results!!

Cheers

Chris

is a sensored motor or a brushed motor ( I have no idea what motor it is ) just buy a controller to suit, maybe :?:

tron1275 said:
Hi. I have a 600 watt Kollmorgan motor on my Phat Flyer and the things dead... the motor windings are ok but the controler is dead.
If there's no smoke then your controller is not dead...
I would check the cable to the (hall-)sensors, there are 3 pieces.
On the the sensor-control you have got 5 thin single cables, Red (+), Black (-), Yellow (phase1/A), Green (phase2/B), blue (phase3/C).
The voltage between Red & Black should be 5Volts. If the controller cannot check the 3 sensors, it doesn't work.

Has anyone made/modified an external controler for these motors??

The controler cant be fixed because its all set in sealer, I did try to strip the previous motor with no results!!

Cheers

Chris

Check all your cables at first...
LOWRACER

The Koll is a hall sensored brushless motors. Any brushless controller should work once you figure out which wire goes where. If its anything like the 400W Kolls they should be ok up to 48v from what Knoxie and Bob Mcree have found through their testing. 48 volts times 40 amps should get pretty good performance from one of these.

Back