Crystalyte 530x, How much Amps will they handle?

Goethe

10 W
Hi!
I'm trying to decide what setup I will use at a couple of DH-bikes that I´m building but I need to get more data on the Crystalyte motors that I will use. So what could be better than to get real life testing results from you guy's? :D
So far I'm leaning towards 5306, 72V a123, 15-20 Ah, Infineon 12 FET 4110.

What Motor, Voltage, Ah, Controller would YOU choose for a aprox. 55-60 km/h off road bike?
and...

How much Amps will the different winding count handle in real life riding before it's toast?
5303 Peak= xxx Cont= xxx
5304 Peak= xxx Cont= xxx
5305 Peak= xxx Cont= xxx
5306 Peak= xxx Cont= xxx

/Goethe

Hi Goethe,

Short answer search for "Doctorbass DH ebike" he as top speed of 106 Km/h with X5303 and enough power to climb almost anything with 24" rim 3" wide Arrow bite tire, this ebike use a 88 Volt 15 Amps lipos pack, but you need to use a big controller like Kelly, you also need very good torque arm.

Good day!
Black Arrow

I'd throw out the 5303 and 5305. The 03 is proving to be very hard on controllers, and the 05 will have lower efficiency than the bunch due to a lower wire count in the windings resulting in lower copper fill. With the 5304 you'll probably want to go with the 18fet controller instead of the 12fet, and a 20 or 24" wheel. The 5306 will be the easiest to drive up hills and stuff off road, but you'll need a higher voltage for the top speed you want.

The 5306 has 20% more windings in series, would it than be realistic that the 5306 has about 20% lower kv than the 5305?

With 20% lower speed than the 5305 I would get about 55 km/h unloaded speed at 72V and 26". That would be OK for this application.

/Goethe

Goethe said:
The 5306 has 20% more windings in series, would it than be realistic that the 5306 has about 20% lower kv than the 5305?

With 20% lower speed than the 5305 I would get about 55 km/h unloaded speed at 72V and 26". That would be OK for this application.

/Goethe

20% more turns in the windings, yes that's how Kv works. You won't get no load speed though. I'm not sure how the no load speed relates to actual with a high torque per amp motor like the 06. To be safe I'd suggest a controller that can go as high as 100V, giving you flexibility for later. You should end up with a nice off-roader capable of some real hills with the only drawback I see being the big weight in the wheel. Don't forget those torque arms, and you're in for some fun. Be sure to share your results.

Yes the weight on the back wheel is pretty high! I was going to build a RC drivline first, but the bikes needs to be reliable and have low maintainance. They are build for my brother and his 11 year old son.

I still need to get some figures of how much amps the motors can handle?! I will stretch the output power as far as possible but without degrading the reliability to much. I could put some responsibility on the rider to keep track of motor and ESC temp but not more.

/Göran

Back