Here's a link to a Webinar about using Rare Earth magnets efficiently. It is available online until January 2015.
I do not know enough to judge how useful this will be to other members, but hopefully some may benefit from it. It is presented through "Globalspec" by Electron Energy Corporation.
Here's the link: http://click.email.globalspec.com/?qs=d ... acfe24780f
and here's a copy / paste of the e-mail from Globalspec:
Available On-Demand Until
January 7, 2015
Dr. Jinfang Liu,
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Applications Engineer
• Understand the magnetic properties of rare earth magnets and learn how they impact magnetic circuit design and analysis
• Learn how to design using FEA to improve performance of magnet systems
• Case Study using FEA analysis of Halbach designs to increase magnetic flux density 40% without changing overall dimensions
System Requirements & Compatibility Check
• System Requirements — to ensure successful access on the day
of the webinar, test your system to see if it meets the system
• Trouble Accessing the Webinar — please copy and paste the URL
below into your browser.
http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=822688&s= ... 46AFE86BD7
• Sound/Volume — turn your speakers up to hear the audio.
You will not need to dial in.
ABOUT ELECTRON ENERGY CORPORATION:
EEC Magnets and Assemblies ITAR/DFARS Compliant
Superior magnetic properties, ultra-high temperature tolerance and excellent reliability make Electron Energy Corporation magnets ideal for motors, actuators and generators.
Founded in 1970, EEC is dedicated to improving rare earth magnet performance to meet the most technically demanding applications in aerospace, military, medical, electronics, and motion control markets. As world-renowned experts in material sciences, testing and 2-D/3-D Finite Element Analysis, our vertically integrated operation provides you with the full range of services to meet your magnetic needs.