5304 series/paralell questions.

Farfle

100 kW
Hello all, looking at the phase wires on my 5304, If I were to do a delta-wye switch on it, would it turn into a 5302, or a 5308 ? If it can be tweaked into a 5302, on a 26" wheel at 100v, that would be either a recipe for 'sploded controller :shock: , or alot of fun. :twisted: so, will it be a 5302? and if I only delta-wye switch at higher speeds where I am at my BEMF limit (50mph+) and only switch back at low speed, would it be possible? BTW: I have a Lyen 18-fet controller running improved traces and 10ga wire.

It'd turn into a 9304..

That's over nine thousand, son.

neptronix said:
It'd turn into a 9304..

That's over nine thousand, son.

Following that train of thought, Wouldnt that be a 10304? :shock: . Either way, its well over 9000 :twisted: . Reason I ask is because I found a source for some cheap high-amperage relays, and I am machining a few X5 axles that will gladly accept 6x8ga wires :twisted: .

Like i explained, Steveo delta wye with the 5300 serie WITHOUT SUCCES

Problem is because of two things... the overcrossing of the winding and the angled stator tooth

The nine continent work very well

The new HT and HS serie that have non angled stator tooth might work.. nobody have tried yet

serie parallel work well but it's complicated to build !!

Doc

Im sorry, I have my terms confused, I meant series/parallel switch, thought they were the same thing :?

Ok, renamed the thread title, does anybody have a good schematic or description with the differences between delta/wye and series/paralell?

Back