Greentime controllers

I hate to sound skeptical but something that sounds too good to be true usually is.

neptronix said:
There are multiple threads about these controllers already.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33636&hilit=greentime

Start reading and find out why everyone is not using them :)

In that thread is everyone is praising the controllers, with the few people complaining about lack of programmability and lower quality assembly, which are pains that are alleviated by the fact that you can have leo customize it for any specs, and spending 10 mins soldering.

What if you decide to use it on a different motor? or change the LVC? or that the 3 speed switch is set incorrectly? do you buy another?

The construction looks awfully poor. If that is a problem, we will find out in time.

If you are particular about having a system that runs perfectly, and want to tune your controller until it does, non-programmability is going to be a problem.

I for one, would be willing to look past the construction issues if these were programmable, being that they are at such a low cost.

neptronix said:
What if you decide to use it on a different motor? or change the LVC? or that the 3 speed switch is set incorrectly? do you buy another?

The construction looks awfully poor. If that is a problem, we will find out in time.

If you are particular about having a system that runs perfectly, and want to tune your controller until it does, non-programmability is going to be a problem.

I for one, would be willing to look past the construction issues if these were programmable, being that they are at such a low cost.

Meh, leo's a good guy and they are indestructible. They do need their connectors repleced though. LVC is unnecessary but can be set via a simple resistor change, you can buy a voltage panel on ebay for $8, and the controllers are set up properly, 3 speed switch hasn't been a problem. Never recieved a dud and are always set up properly.

ian.mich said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/313864/210769756-492963725/2012-Sales-Promotion-High-quality-48V-1000W-45Amax-BLDC-motor-speed-controller-15FET-4410-s-EV.html
Why aren't people emptying Greentime's inventory, they offer completely custom controllers at any voltage or current, choice of 4410s, 4110s, 4115s, regen, EABS, cruise, and best of all: sensor and sensorless support. They do all this for rock bottom prices. Why aren't these on every ebike? This "48V 1000W" controller does 100V 45A, and all the features I outlined for $45 with shipping. The crystalyte controllers that cost an arm and a leg don't have the same features as this.
That sounds really good. I just looked at the link but could not find the following supports: sensor and sensorless, 100V. Where do you find that info?

48V 1000W 45Amax BLDC motor controller

Feature:
1)Rated voltage: DC48V
2)Rated power: 1000W
3)Max current: 45Amax
4)Under-voltage protection: DC40-41.5V
5)Current limited: 45A±0.5A
6)Efficiency: ≥83%
7)Consumption: <1.5W
8)Controller category: Brushless direct current
9)Applicable model: electric bicycle,electric scooter,electric vehicle

Function:
1)Super low noise when start up
2)Speed limited/3-Speed
3)Under-voltage protection
4)Over-current protection
5)Cruising Control
6)Water proof
7)E-ABS/Hign Level Brake
8)Regen braking (recharging)

Price for the controller is fair but the shipping is insane.

No break on quanity controllers as the shipping is the same for each item. It's not the cost of the controller they are making money on it's the shipping!

Buy one and shipping is $30 buy 10 and it's $300.00 I never buy 1 from China as you never know if the first one is any good so always order extra. Not here shipping breaks don't apply. $43.00 buy 1 or 10.

Yeah the price is fair but the wait is too long if you need another.
No Thanks.

Dan

DAND214 said:
Buy one and shipping is $30
What? It says $14.56 for shipping 1 unit to the US.

Price:
US $31.00 / piece
Bulk Price:
US $29.14 / piece (5 pieces or more)
Quantity:
piece
Shipping Cost:
US $14.56toUnited States Via China Post Air Mail
Processing Time:
Ships out within 1 days
Total Price:
US $45.56

SamTexas said:
ian.mich said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/313864/210769756-492963725/2012-Sales-Promotion-High-quality-48V-1000W-45Amax-BLDC-motor-speed-controller-15FET-4410-s-EV.html
Why aren't people emptying Greentime's inventory, they offer completely custom controllers at any voltage or current, choice of 4410s, 4110s, 4115s, regen, EABS, cruise, and best of all: sensor and sensorless support. They do all this for rock bottom prices. Why aren't these on every ebike? This "48V 1000W" controller does 100V 45A, and all the features I outlined for $45 with shipping. The crystalyte controllers that cost an arm and a leg don't have the same features as this.
That sounds really good. I just looked at the link but could not find the following supports: sensor and sensorless, 100V. Where do you find that info?

48V 1000W 45Amax BLDC motor controller

Feature:
1)Rated voltage: DC48V
2)Rated power: 1000W
3)Max current: 45Amax
4)Under-voltage protection: DC40-41.5V
5)Current limited: 45A±0.5A
6)Efficiency: ≥83%
7)Consumption: <1.5W
8)Controller category: Brushless direct current
9)Applicable model: electric bicycle,electric scooter,electric vehicle

Function:
1)Super low noise when start up
2)Speed limited/3-Speed
3)Under-voltage protection
4)Over-current protection
5)Cruising Control
6)Water proof
7)E-ABS/Hign Level Brake
8)Regen braking (recharging)

I contacted Leo, and he said they had 100V capacitors, 4410 mosfets, and worked with or without hall sensors. he recomended not to go over 96v but they're fine for 24s lipo.

Has anyone enabled regen or EABS on one of Leo's controllers? I have the cruise and 3 speed features working but I haven't had any luck with EABS. These controllers are good value for money. I purchased a 60 volt 1500 watt controller for $42 delivered to the door, Australia. The motor runs just noticeably warm and the controller has no obvious heating at all on a normal ride around the streets with small hills.

DAND214 said:
Price for the controller is fair but the shipping is insane.

No break on quanity controllers as the shipping is the same for each item. It's not the cost of the controller they are making money on it's the shipping!

Buy one and shipping is $30 buy 10 and it's $300.00 I never buy 1 from China as you never know if the first one is any good so always order extra. Not here shipping breaks don't apply. $43.00 buy 1 or 10.

Yeah the price is fair but the wait is too long if you need another.
No Thanks.

Dan

Bang for the buck can't be beat. HK Post will put them in any city in NA in 5 days. Sometimes takes another 5 to get to your door. IIRC shipping on 5 was $34.

XLR8 said:
Has anyone enabled regen or EABS on one of Leo's controllers? I have the cruise and 3 speed features working but I haven't had any luck with EABS. These controllers are good value for money. I purchased a 60 volt 1500 watt controller for $42 delivered to the door, Australia. The motor runs just noticeably warm and the controller has no obvious heating at all on a normal ride around the streets with small hills.

apparently you merely apply a voltage to the single yellow wire, which i believe can be achieved with a switch between the single purple wire (brake lever) have not tried yet but i am getting a shipment of another 5 today, along with a 36 fet 4410s (i know i know, should go for 41s but there's no point when all it will use is 100A, the 44s have proven their use) so i'll get down to some real testing.

ian.mich said:
but they are real. i have next to me a 100v 45a controller that has regen, cruise, EABS, sensor and sensorless, and an X8M06 microprocessor. $43US including shipping (got it during a sale a few weeks ago)
How long did it take to arrive?

I'm after a 48v controller, and what are the benefits of these 4110 FETs in a 48v setup?

Thanks

HypnoToad said:
ian.mich said:
but they are real. i have next to me a 100v 45a controller that has regen, cruise, EABS, sensor and sensorless, and an X8M06 microprocessor. $43US including shipping (got it during a sale a few weeks ago)
How long did it take to arrive?

I'm after a 48v controller, and what are the benefits of these 4110 FETs in a 48v setup?

Thanks

not sure, probably around 3 weeks, they're 4410 not 4110. 4110 are the mexican fets that everyones is looking for and they will use them for these controllers if you ask, but they use 4410 from stock and it's all you really need for almost any ebike (4410 are the chinese ripoff of the 4110). unless you are doing some serious biking (crystalyte 5400 series or hubzilla) you don't need 4110s, 4410s take 100v and with 15 of them 45A is nothing. I highly recomend contact leo on skype (leo840522) and not through aliexpress. he can set you up with a custom controller with any LVC and ask for all the features customized to your specs
Speed limited/3-Speed
Under-voltage protection
Over-current protection
Cruising Control
E-ABS/High Level Brake
Regen braking (recharging)

ian.mich said:
not sure, probably around 3 weeks, they're 4410 not 4110. 4110 are the mexican fets that everyones is looking for and they will use them for these controllers if you ask, but they use 4410 from stock and it's all you really need for almost any ebike (4410 are the chinese ripoff of the 4110). unless you are doing some serious biking (crystalyte 5400 series or hubzilla) you don't need 4110s, 4410s take 100v and with 15 of them 45A is nothing. I highly recomend contact leo on skype (leo840522) and not through aliexpress. he can set you up with a custom controller with any LVC and ask for all the features customized to your specs
Speed limited/3-Speed
Under-voltage protection
Over-current protection
Cruising Control
E-ABS/High Level Brake

The IRFB4410 is a different FET from the IRFB4110 and is not "a chinese ripoff of the 4110". Both are IR parts (see : http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfs4410.pdf and http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfb4110pbf.pdf and compare the specs), both are widely counterfeited in China. More often than not the counterfeit parts are way off spec. Note the IR rated Rdson for the IRFB4410, 10 mohms!!! You can bet that the Chinese copies will be higher than that. Even if they aren't, then good IR manufactured IRFB4410s will have around 2.2 times the losses that an IRFB4110 would have, meaning they'll run around 2.2 times hotter and reach the thermal conductivity limit to the case much quicker, meaning a higher risk of failure.

Jeremy Harris said:
ian.mich said:
Speed limited/3-Speed
Under-voltage protection
Over-current protection
Cruising Control
E-ABS/High Level Brake

The IRFB4410 is a different FET from the IRFB4110 and is not "a chinese ripoff of the 4110". Both are IR parts (see : http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfs4410.pdf and http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfb4110pbf.pdf and compare the specs), both are widely counterfeited in China. More often than not the counterfeit parts are way off spec. Note the IR rated Rdson for the IRFB4410, 10 mohms!!! You can bet that the Chinese copies will be higher than that. Even if they aren't, then good IR manufactured IRFB4410s will have around 2.2 times the losses that an IRFB4110 would have, meaning they'll run around 2.2 times hotter and reach the thermal conductivity limit to the case much quicker, meaning a higher risk of failure.

Fair enough, but these have been certified genuine 4410s by a local EE and other sources, and it's cranking 45A through 15 of them, i doubt there would be any problems

ian.mich said:
Fair enough, but these have been certified genuine 4410s by a local EE and other sources, and it's cranking 45A through 15 of them, i doubt there would be any problems

There are still a very poor FET, even if genuine IR parts, with a high Rdson and so high losses and consequent risk of failure from over heating. An IRFB4110 has an Rdson of 4.5 mohm max, compared to the IRFB4410 figure of 10 mohm. That means, in simple terms, that one IRFB4110 = more than two IRFB4410s in parallel. In even simpler terms it means a 15 FET controller fitted with IRFB4410s is no better than a 6 FET controller fitted with IRFB4110s in terms of current handling capability (in fact it'd be worse than the 6 FET, as the 15 FET controller would have a higher total gate charge so would have slower switching times and hence greater switching losses, too).

I would rather have a 6-fet made with 3077's for that voltage range of controller than a 15-fet made from 4410's, which you need twice as many of to equal a 4110.

Still, it's $45 and you can get 4110s if you need. this controller handles 24s lipo no problem

liveforphysics said:
I would rather have a 6-fet made with 3077's for that voltage range of controller than a 15-fet made from 4410's, which you need twice as many of to equal a 4110.

Pretty much an unbeatable combination for a small controller at this spec point, in my view. Bare board 6 FETs from Keywin are ~ $20 each, add in 6 IRFB3077s at around $25 and you have a 65V + capable controller at 50 A + with very low losses.

Back