New 12 lb Crystalyte Motor

IIIHorseman

100 mW
I recently visited High Powered Cycles in Southern California and they told me about a new Crystalyte Motor coming out (and they had on pre-order from China) that weighed only 12 lbs and had the wattage throughput of up to 2,000 Watts. Anyone happen to have heard of this and know what the model was? Sounds like a very interesting option for someone just running a 60V system or alternative to a geared motor.

Well on the Crystalyte website, the 'G Series' only weights 8 lbs. So that would be much lighter. Is there another one that is 12 lbs? How does the G compare with the BMC Geared then? Pros/Cons

Can you post a link to the Crystalyte G motors?

Okay so apparently High Powered Cycles are designing their own modified version of a Crystalyte motor. It may not be similar to any one currently on the market. Although I would be curious if anybody knows more about it.

HPC always puts "custom" on everything. And all that allows them to do is add an extra $100 to their price and in some cases 2-300 :shock:
Is it better? Maybe, but barely worth the extra money you sink into their products.
Who knows maybe it is custom. Afterall, doesn't Stealth have crystalyte make special 5400 motors for the bomber?
Let's wait and see what they have to offer.

Yeah I'd be very warry about the performace claims that High Power Cycles makes on the equipment the sell. IMHO it's a lot of fluffed up marketing that (in the past) they just haven't been able or willing to back up with hard, cold test data.

Remember this video where they push a little over 2500W (51V x 50A) thru their Black Lightning motor (which is actually just a 1000W BMC V3 motor)? ...Sooo misleading.
[youtube]whJY3RfGFs4[/youtube]

That BMC V3 motor can actually only handle a max of 1400W continuous before they burn up the phase wires according to Chamdu, the engineer who designed them, and from whom High Power Cycles actually buys the BMC motors.

Different winding. That's all.

Oh, and bonus marketing lies.. for example, that a HS motor is "5000w".

pwbset said:
IIIHorseman said:
Okay so apparently High Powered Cycles are designing their own modified version of a Crystalyte motor.

:roll: We've been down this road before...

Hi-Power Cycles.
shit.gif

I don't know where the line is between lies and sales poofery, but if they haven't overstepped it, they must be damned close.

Back