For Sabvoton sine wave motor controller users

Kathy

10 W
Hi everyone,
As there is already many friends who are using a sabvoton motor controller,this thread is started to explaining about the parameters in the software,it may help you do the parameter adjustment easier.
If you have some confusion about our controller,software,pls keep me informed.
Best Regards
Kathy

BASIC
-DC limiting current
Take SVMC072150 for example, the limiting current is 150A,it means, under the enough battery capacity condition it can output 150A to the controller at maximum; The DC current will affect the climbing torque.
1, If there is no “3 various speed ”or “boost” in the controller, or these 2 functions are not valid , the “max DC current” is not effective, the rated DC current can be equal to the max DC current.
-----1)For controller with 60A as a limiting DC current ,the rated DC current is 20~60A.
-----2)For controller with 80A as a limiting DC current ,the rated DC current is 20~80A.
-----3)For controller with 100A as a limiting DC current, the rated DC current is 30~100A.
-----4)For controller with 150A as a limiting DC current, the rated DC current is 50~150A.
If “boost” or “3 various speed” function is required, the max DC current should be 50% higher than the rated DC current so as to get better performance.
-----1)For controller with 60A as a limiting DC current, the rated DC current can set 30A,while the max DC current set “60A”
-----2)For controller with 80A as a limiting DC current ,the rated DC current can set 40A,while the max DC current set “80A”
-----3)For controller with 100A as a limiting DC current, the rated DC current can set 50A,while the max DC current set “100A”
-----4)For controller with 150A as a limiting DC current ,the rated DC current can set 80A,while the max DC current set “150A”

-Phase current adjustment,

The rated phase current means the continuous current the controller can output. it can last for 3 minutes. If the outputting time exceeds 3 minutes ,controller will stop work because of overload protection, to get rid of this status, one need to turn off the power, and re-power up.
Normally, the rated phase current can set around 50% of the max working phase current.
The max working phase current means the max current the controller can output in a short period, it can last for 60 seconds, afterwards, the controller will stop work because of the block protection is on. to get rid of this status, one need to turn off the power, and re-power up.
Throttle max volt corresponds to the max phase current, the max phase current corresponds to the max torque output and it can affect the starting acceleration and climbing torque.
The recommended setting of max phase current for different models are as below,

-----1)For the controller with the limiting DC current 30~50A ,the rated phase current setting is 50~90A.The max phase current setting is 90~150A,the “protected phase current” is 180A.
-----2) For the controller with the limiting DC current 60~80A ,the rated phase current setting is 60~100A.The max phase current setting is 100~200A,the “protected phase current ” is 250A
-----3)For the controller with the limiting DC current 100~120A ,the rated phase current setting is 80~120A.The max phase current setting is 120~250A, the “protected phase current” is 300A
-----4)For the controller with the limiting DC current 150A ,the rated phase current setting is 100~180A.The max phase current setting is 180~350A,the “protected phase current” is 450A
(Remark: the above setting is for your reference. One can adjust the parameter as per personal preference)

TEMPERATURE
-The default setting of the “Unwork Temperature” is 100℃,which means if the temperature of the controller reaches 100℃,to protect the motor and the controller, it will stop work.
-The default setting of the” Rework Temperature” is 90℃ which means the controller will start to work again, when the controller has cool down to 90℃ after a “over-temperature protection”
-The default setting of the “limited current temperature” is 80℃ which means the if the controller reached 80℃ during the runtime, to protect the controller in advance, the controller will start to limit the phase current output. So the max working phase current at this moment will automatically be limited to the rated phase current value, so as to reduce the temp rise.

FUNCTION ADJUSTMENT

E-brake
Enabled: The controller will output the e-brake signal ,if it is activated, afterwards, the motor will generate the reversing field to achieve flexible braking, in the meanwhile, the controller will start to recharge the battery .
And while the e-brake is working, the general brake shall be disabled first.

Cruise
Enabled: When pressing the cruise button, after the throttle has been in a fixed position for 2 seconds, the e-scooter will come to the cruise status. And this status will disappear while one uses the throttle again or pull the brake.

BOOST
Take SVMC048080 as an example,
If the rated DC current set “35A”,it is better to set the max DC current “80A”.After the boost is enabled, pressing the button for 2 seconds, and the boost function will come .After one minute the boost will automatically disappear or it will exit if one pull the brake or cut off the power as well.(It is for instant acceleration)

Reverse speed adjustment
Take the vehicle weight and the loading weight into consideration, adjust the reverse torque and speed by adjusting the reverse current; the reverse current is between 10~150A,the set current could not exceed the max phase current of the controller.

Flux weakening
Enable the flux weakening and increase the flux weakening current, so as to raise the running speed. However, the higher the flux weakening current is, the more power it will consume. Basically, the flux current value is 10~100A .The high flux weakening current is, the more power consumption it is.
Slide Recharge
It is one of our regeneration mode which works like this: when the controller detects the scooter is running with the throttle totally released (downhill ),then the controller will give the motor a braking force and recharge the battery. By setting different values of "Slide recharge ph current" in our software, the braking force can be adjusted. And the "slide recharge speed" means when the speed decreased to this value, the braking force will disappear.

Throttle
Throttle min volt means the inspecting voltage when the throttle position is “0”after power on.
Throttle max volt means the inspecting voltage when the throttle is fully twisted after power on.

The throttle min volt should be set at least 0.1V higher than the voltage which was inspected when the throttle position is “0”after power on, or the controller will suffer throttle protection fault when power on.

Starting torque adjustment.
The throttle max volt should be set the same as the value which was inspected when the throttle was fully twisted after power on.

Improve the starting torque by reducing the value of “throttle middle volt” which is between “3.5V~2V”.And by raise the throttle middle phase current one can improve the starting torque as well.
-----1)For the controller with a limiting DC current is 60-80A,it is recommended to set the throttle middle phase current 60-120A.
-----2)For the controller with a limiting DC current is 80-100A,it is recommended to set the throttle middle phase current 80-150A.
-----3)For the controller with a limiting DC current is 100-150A,it is recommended to set the throttle middle phase current 80-200A.

The acceleration or deceleration time
The less the “acceleration time” or “deceleration time” is, the faster the throttle will response ,(It is forbidden that the time set over 2000ms); One could adjust the parameter to suit own driving habit within the range (less than 2000ms)

Motor
Motor direction,
After the motor hall is matched, if the motor spins backwards, you could change the direction by changing the value here(switch from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0)

Motor Pn,
Two magnet steels will be counted as a pair of pole; For example Motor pn is “20”for a motor with 40 pcs of magnet steel;
Motor LMD
This parameter is only useful to our engineer during the adjustment,so normally the customer can ignore this value.

Debug
Current loop kp
For 12,13 or 14 inches motor ,the current loop kp is normally around 299,For 10 inches motor, the value is normally around 999.The parameter will be different for different motors as the technique and craft is different too. One could adjust the value by himself to suit their motors. But this value shall not exceed 3000.
There is no need to adjust the “current loop ki” normally.

ID cmd
( cmd is short for command ,and "id" is also a parameter used by our engineer in our algorithm)

It is only useful when the users are performing the hall angle test, for different motors ,the value can be different too. Normally user can start with the value 10~15,if the motor spins, it is OK;but if the motor is still, increase the value to“20” “30”or more one by one until the motor starts to spin. Normally the value should not exceed 30.

How to use boost function of Sabvoton?
Firstly ,install the Sabvoton software in your computer and USB drive
Then open the software interface in your computer and connect your controller to the computer with our communication cable.
1.jpg
Take a 150A controller as an example, the rated DC current is set between 60A and 80A,and the max DC current is set between 120~150A,so as to get a good performance. Basically,the rated DC current set around 1/2 of the max DC current.
And then refer to the below picture,
View attachment 13.jpg
Enable the boost in the function page, and save the parameter in the debug page. If the modification is not well saved, then the operation is invalid.

4.jpg

Pls kindly download our android mobile app ,if any interests.
But note,some pages of the app could not be open if no acutual connection is built.
http://www.sabvoton.com/doc/sabvotonmob ... nload.html

Kathy, please could you tell me if there is a way to make the brake function from 0V input instead of 12V input?

flexy said:
Kathy, please could you tell me if there is a way to make the brake function from 0V input instead of 12V input?
If you have to do it that way because of the way your switches are wired, you can use a transistor or relay that's turned on by your switches to then trigger the controller's brake input.

if you use a relay you'd need one with a coil voltage around what your battery pack's nominal voltage is at, that can also handle the higher voltage of fully charged and would still reliably trigger at it's LVC.

If you use a transistor, it's easier, voltage wise: it just has to have a Vce (or Vds for a FET) that is at least as high as the highest voltage your system could ever see. Use a PNP type, and wire it's base via 1kohm resistor to your brake switch, and it's emitter via 1kohm resistor to battery +V. Then wire the collector via 1Kohm resistor to the controller input, and if necessary put a 10kohm resistor from that to batery -V (ground).

That way the last resistor will always drop the brake intput to 0V (off) whenever you're not actually braking. It might not be needed, if the controller has that internally (it probably does). Prevents false triggering.

When you engage your brake that grounds the transistor's base, it turns it on which shorts the controller's brake input to battery +V and turns on the braking.

Thank you Merlin and Amberwolf, I used a small 12v relay which works great from my lighting system :)

hello all I allows me to leave a message because I have a new controller sabvoton SSC72150 and after trying everything was ok for engine startup and suddenly an error that occurred controller shows 26 blinking flashes ! for after what I have read it is said (Brake) as somewhat vague error!
Do you have an idea?
laurent

Hello,
I´m using Sabvoton 48V 100A (new gen.) controller for my e-scooter project. Now I have connected controller to my bike but there seems to be one problem I can not overcome:

Acceleration works fine but just after releasing throttle (to decelerate), overcurrent error is flagged (ID_8) and controller requires restart. Also, right after releasing accelerator, a punch from motor can be heared, sounds like motor attempts to make a brake. If i don´t remove my hand from throttle on full speed, this does not occur. What could be the cause of this and how could it be avoided?

I am using 48V battery and BLDC motor with reducer transfering power to the rear wheel via chain and sprockets.
Also I do not exactly understand why hall angle test gives out different hall angle values. For example, testing with currents 15-30A I got hall angles from 4-8 deg. When I physically measure hall sensor angle from my engine PCB I get 17 degrees. Why does this value vary so much and which result should be trusted?
I have attached several pictures of my initial setup.
Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I am Azrin, I am new about Sabvoton Motor Controller. Basically i just want to know how to set the parameter according to speed which is (low, Medium, high). because when I set to low speed or high speed the speed is same when I in full throttle. maybe some of you may share an ideas.

Hello guys,
I got a new Sabvoton controller andafter installing it I verified that it has no reverse.
All wires are used withsome function.
I´ll probably have to get one of the contacts inside for this reverse funcion.
Has anyone ever this problem?

After connecting 4 wires in empty spots and connecting one by one with the GND soon I verified that it had the reverse function in the blue wire. It is a tip for someone who has this difficulty. Good job to all and thanks for the suggestions. :lol:

View attachment reverse blue.pdf

Back