Time for some action, it's been too long. I'm taking a break from another project I've been working on daily since late August which coincidentally is exactly the same time I stopped progressing on this controller. Sorry about that people who have been waiting for updates. I've been on a knowledge quest like nothing I've been on before for the other project. I've been studying control theory, physics, algebra, calculus, trigonometry and pretty much every nerdy totally awesome thing that relates to future plans I have. I need to have a solid foundation in the above because I've been doing a some theoretical work based on existing knowledge I had, but I need a deeper understanding.
Anyhow, enough about that, here is a progress picture as of a few mins ago. Controller, Lebowski brain board with sensorless configuration and the 600A current sensors I'm planning to use. Not quite sure how the current sensors will be packaged yet, I might need to make them external since it's such a tight squeeze, but I got some ideas, but I may need to break out the big ass soldering iron which has some risks to rework my phase connections.
I've already come up with many improvements to make on the next version which will probably have 5-6 TO-247 MOSFETs in parallel to see how far I can push the limits, I have 600A current sensors so...
I'm hoping to have this thing spinning a motor this weekend if the rest of the testing goes OK. I'm in progress of doing all the tedious wiring required. I'll be posting more updates as I go.