programming sevcon gen4 in Polaris Ranger?

HydroDan

1 µW
I have a Polaris EV Ranger(actually we have 2.. ). It has a sevcon gen 4 motor controller. Would it be easy to read/adjust current settings for this controller? I would not want to try redoing them all or guessing what they should be, but just look at the existing settings and make changes. I believe they have it throttled at a max speed to be legal as a "Low Speed Vehicle" where the max speed cant be more than 25 MPH. Would be cool to bump this up to be a little quicker :)

If there is someone around NJ I would even be willing to trailer it to your place and pay you to help do this.

Or you are welcome to come by our place here. I am helping my friend at the Hydrogen House Project http://hydrogenhouseproject.org We have lots of cool stuff. :p

I may be able to do it myself if I can find the software, but have don't have much experience with a motor controller like this. I am pretty technical; do a lot of wiring both DC and AC, electronics, linux, python, php, Arduino/AVR/PIC micro-controller programming, etc.

Thanks!

Dunno if it helps, but there's a number of threads posting about programming sevcons, at least several have a problem of getting comm to the controller to program it, none have resolutions AFAIK.

Search on Sevcon, by topic, to find them.

i already did search the forums. it seems pretty complicated, so if you read my post i wasnt just asking for the info i already read, but for someone to physically help with it.

i have searched again and it seems there are a couple people who have successfully made can-bus adapters and even have the software. the trick now is getting the software/manual :p doesnt seem i can just download it anywhere online

HydroDan, have you succeeded in your programming attempt and how did you do it?

you can do it, if you have a canbus cable costing 400 bucks and some software. otherwise you cant do anything with a sevcon.

Back