Inside EPLUS motor after 14,100 kms

miro13car

100 kW
I have opened motor/controller on my EPUS installed on Biria frame at 14,100 kilometers.
to check for rust, loose bearings , electronics, etc.
My EPLUS was ridden in heavy spring or fall rains many times sometimes for one hour , typically 1/2 hours in the rain.
Many times in freezing up to -5C temperatures in spring and fall but never in snow .

Attachments

• EPLUS motor inside 022.JPG
    EPLUS motor inside 022.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,223
  • EPLUS motor inside 023.JPG
    EPLUS motor inside 023.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,223
well you were not too hard on it , i can tell :wink:

most of my brand new motors dint look that clean :mrgreen:

Well
I ride my Eplus a lot , maybe close to 50% on gravel roads, dirt trails, paths.
So maybe 50-60% on asphalt roads.
Can be bought only used on Craglist example,
there must be tens if not hundreds of EPLUSes out there with damaged nickel batteries /not put on charger for years/.
most of them with less than 2000 miles I would say.
Just a matter of search, maybe running WANTED ad for months on CRAIG for months?
This edrive was designed by STG /same team which designed legendaryTidal Force and now FALCO/ in USA and manufactured in Washington state by EMS.
not made anymore.

Mico13car,
I'm trying to open my EPLUS 1000W hub. It looks like you were able to press the center out of the bearing from the cassette side. Did you use a press, heat? Any tips would be appreciated.

I really need to access the controller side of the the motor. There is a large circlip preventing removal of the hub cover. I have all sizes and shapes of circlip plyers, but can't do it. Any ideas?

DrTumolo seems to have done it. https://www.bikeforums.net/electric-bikes/714452-my-e-review-18.html No response to my request for hints.

Back