Help needed on this motor

cre8tiff

1 mW
Hi, can anyone very kindly help me interpret this chart? How do we derive at the W1 (input W)? Is this V x Phase Amp? Why did the voltage dip so low into the 60s V? I've seen some charts that remained in the 70ish range throughout. And, is 83% efficiency good enough? How much power and amp (10sec burst) can this motor take?

Really sorry for the noob questions! Thanks lots for any help in advance! Really appreciate it.
Ant.

Attachments

• Inteprete.png
    Inteprete.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 461
What is it supposed to be a chart of? (what kind of test was done to generate the data, and what was it done with, and what was it done to?)

Where is the chart from?

83% peak efficiency is crap, but since you busted them with wrong info (V x A should equal W in P1), I wouldn't trust any part of it.

amberwolf said:
What is it supposed to be a chart of? (what kind of test was done to generate the data, and what was it done with, and what was it done to?)

Where is the chart from?

Hi, this is 10" hub motor that is rated for 6kw at 72v. Direct drive. Source from its Chinese manufacturer. I've absolutely no idea with regard to the methodology of the data acquisition.

I was looking at buying one of these. The median power rating typically with these 10" motors are 3kw-4kw. Found this, so a lil skeptical about its performance, hence getting some help here.

Thanks in advance!

John in CR said:
83% peak efficiency is crap, but since you busted them with wrong info (V x A should equal W in P1), I wouldn't trust any part of it.

Hi, yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards too. The peak efficiency is pretty low by modern standards.

I didn't plot the chart/data. These numbers are straight from the manufacturer. And I'm a real noob to all these. I'm not sure if these numbers are legit or not.

Thanks!

Since V x A doesn't equal power in, you can't trust any of it. I take risks all the time with foreign purchases, but when someone cuts and pastes inconsistent data in motor test info, then I simply pass and more on to a better vendor. There are plenty of fish in that ocean. It's just like hooking up with a woman who bltches and complains. Save yourself a lot of grief and simply say "next".

John in CR said:
Since V x A doesn't equal power in, you can't trust any of it. I take risks all the time with foreign purchases, but when someone cuts and pastes inconsistent data in motor test info, then I simply pass and more on to a better vendor. There are plenty of fish in that ocean. It's just like hooking up with a woman who bltches and complains. Save yourself a lot of grief and simply say "next".

Haha, awesome analogy, thanks bruh!

cre8tiff said:
Hi, this is 10" hub motor that is rated for 6kw at 72v.<snip>
The median power rating typically with these 10" motors are 3kw-4kw.
Ah, well, given that the actual watts from the V x A they list would be about 2/3 of what the chart shows, and so is 4kw about 2/3 of 6kw, that makes sense. ;)

I would guess that they simply hope no one can do math and will just look at the watts, if the data is faked or doctored.

But without knowing how they generated the data or what each column is really supposed to be for, or how they measured it (or calculated it), you can't know for sure the interrelation of the various values--you can only assume. ;)

amberwolf said:
cre8tiff said:
Hi, this is 10" hub motor that is rated for 6kw at 72v.<snip>
The median power rating typically with these 10" motors are 3kw-4kw.
Ah, well, given that the actual watts from the V x A they list would be about 2/3 of what the chart shows, and so is 4kw about 2/3 of 6kw, that makes sense. ;)

I would guess that they simply hope no one can do math and will just look at the watts, if the data is faked or doctored.

But without knowing how they generated the data or what each column is really supposed to be for, or how they measured it (or calculated it), you can't know for sure the interrelation of the various values--you can only assume. ;)

Yeah makes absolute sense. Thanks!

Back