Crystalyte TC3080 Pictures

Allex

100 MW
Got this motor From Rix, a beutiful motor, the build quality is really good, on of the best I've seen.
The stator and magnets are protected from rust with the red varnish, the windings are varnish protected as well! The bearings are rubber sealed NSKs
Phase wires are really beefy
To bad it has 0,5mm Laminations

I will later try this motor with Adaptto controller.

The cabling is very well protected
DSC06744.JPG

Nice screws!
DSC06743.JPG

Phase wires are really beefy and have xt150 bullet connectors
DSC06740.JPG

The stator and magnets are protected from rust with the red varnish, the windings are varnish protected as well!
View attachment 6
DSC06731.JPG

The bearings are rubber sealed NSKs
DSC06733.JPG

Lots of copper
DSC06736.JPG

Attachments

• DSC06739.JPG
    DSC06739.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 6,504
  • DSC06735.JPG
    DSC06735.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 6,504
  • DSC06734.JPG
    DSC06734.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 6,503
nice to see some pics of TC motors internals. thanks for sharing^^
I wonder if these crown motors really work with Adaptto controllers, because i remember about messages from Adaptto where they do not recommend to use them..
At least the stator design with it's 46 magnets and 51 teeth is the same as on other 205mm motors, so there is a good chance that it works well.

Allex, what turn count is it? and if you still have it open, could you count the parallel strands and measure the diameter of a single strand? :)

It would appear that Crystalyte did everything I asked them to these motors and then some. My TC4080 doesn't have any varnish on the lams or magnets which these do. I am glad you like the motor. I got one TC3080 left I will let go for $485+shipping if you know of anyone. Emmett and I are going to run the TC3065s on our respective Fighters. I have no idea what these motors KV rating is, but my thinking is they won't be much lower than the H4080 because of the narrower stator will offset the increased Turn wind factor.

Aah, I knew that more questions would come along so I have it still opened.
Yeah, no idea on the turn count. The strand appears to be 0,6mm, it also looks a bit thicker compared to MXUS
I counted to 13 strands. The question is whether the deeper teeth really do wonders for the power output or does this only make the motor it heavy?
Again, really nice work at the factory cables are very well protected winding job is great you can see that they put a lot of work in each motor, not the case with MXUS :)
DSC06802.JPG

Here is the info about bearings Rick:
6006DU
DSC06805.JPG

6004DU
DSC06808.JPG

Stator weight:
DSC06810.JPG

Thanks Allex, I figured the bearings were at least as big as the 54xx, and turns out, one is the same size and the other is bigger. A 6006, that's got be a 26 or 27mm Diameter axle on that side. Big to say the least.

Allex said:
Yeah, no idea on the turn count. The strand appears to be 0,6mm, it also looks a bit thicker compared to MXUS
I counted to 13 strands. The question is whether the deeper teeth really do wonders for the power output or does this only make the motor it heavy?
could be a 5T than and TCxx100 motors probably 4T, but thats only a guess..
deeper teeth means more space for copper. more copper means a "stiffer motor" (less drop in RPM under load) and less heat generation at given amps.

Allex said:
TC30xx where xx stand for the speed at 72V am I correct Rix?
In this case it could be:

30100 3T
3080 4T
3065 5T
?

That is correct, and I agree the turn counts you listed are also correct. I would really like to know what the KV rating is, I know they will be slightly higher than the TC40xx because the stator is narrower, I just don't know by how much.

In ebikes.ca shop the kV values of TC motors are listed under specification chart. phase to phase resistance as well 8)

Guys, it looks like Crystalyte has improved TC motors - at least it's a fact they have lowered the weight as your version Allex has a different, weight improved rotor^^

check the description of this TC motor on ebay from HPC. i know HPC often write things pulled out of thin air :) , but hopefully a few things are true..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-HPC-C...-Electric-Bike-Hub-Motor-60-MPH-/181161301492

NEW 2016 Hi-Power Cycles "THE CROWN" DC Hub Motor
ALL CROWN MOTORS IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
For our current batch of Crowns, we have opted for more efficient, higher voltage windings. These are the biggest, baddest hub motors we have ever produced! They are MONSTERS and bar none the BEST hub motor on the market for high power while maintaining a respectable weight. These were originally designed specifically for us (by Crystalyte) to be used in bike races. You will not find any other motor with the same quality, finish, and efficiency these motors can pack. We have put a lot of effort and research into these motors. Simply put, they are AWESOME!

These are smaller and lighter than the previous version, but these have even better power capability! New for 2016 includes a waterproof hall sensor connector, custom axle and new windings!

WE ARE THE ONLY AUTHORIZED USA SELLER OF THIS HUB

Description:
New ULTRA powerful and efficient gearless motor custom made with the highest grade laminations, wider magnet stack, high speed Japanese NSK bearings, more copper fill, high quality materials, custom axles, temperature probe and incredibly robust 9 gauge silver plated phase wires. Our new motors feature new winding for more efficient power handling at higher voltage. We went through all the stops to make this motor the absolute best hub motor on the market!

Allex, have you hooked it up to an Adaptto?

Nope, dont have a frame, waiting for Beta but Hyena is so slow!
Andreym says that it should work(but I need to confirm this), even with deep stator tooths. It is angled stator teeths adaptto have problems with. Anybody know if the Crown(big one) have angled stator just like 5403?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38300
file.php

From what i know TC40 motors should have straight teeth, but there had been problems like Infineon could not spin them above a given RPM and they did not like voltage above 72V or something like that. That was the reason why i picked a cromotor these days.
Aside from the deeper teeth, thay have exactly the same design as Cromotor or MXUS, so i see no reason why adaptto would not work well with these.
what type of hall sensors does yours have? maybe the known problems have something to do with them..

A ment the big one here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48207

Adaptto have one of theese and they could not get it to run properly.

Allex said:
A ment the big one here:
yes it has no angled stator.
cromotor (QS V2 export) also has a bit deeper stator teeth (compared to mxus for instance) and it's known to work very well with adaptto. thats why i just can't understand why they should not run properly with such controllers or why deeper teeth generally should have an effect of compatibilty of a motor.

what about the fact that these Crown motors even did not run properly with infineon?
maybe there is something wrong with the halls, but thats only a guess..
has adaptto already tried the newer, 2016 version?

Dont think they have that version
This incompability could be a combination of things like magnet width, teeth lenght and teeth dept. That what they said anyway.
I will try to get one of those mark II sine wave controllers to compare but it looks like they have lag on throttle input, there is always something!

madin88 said:
Allex said:
A ment the big one here:
yes it has no angled stator.
cromotor (QS V2 export) also has a bit deeper stator teeth (compared to mxus for instance) and it's known to work very well with adaptto. thats why i just can't understand why they should not run properly with such controllers or why deeper teeth generally should have an effect of compatibilty of a motor.

what about the fact that these Crown motors even did not run properly with infineon?
maybe there is something wrong with the halls, but thats only a guess..
has adaptto already tried the newer, 2016 version?

I have tested both TC30xx and TC40xx on my Bomber and they run fine. Could the problem be with non Crystalyite controllers and be a programming issue?

It happens that I have a new TC3080 waiting to be the start of a new build...I'm currently running a 52v x17ah Clyte and wanted to build a 2nd setup that's a bit stronger since the TC can handle 5500w...

I'm not very tech savvy on Ebike stuff yet so any suggestions (by those who know ALOT more than I do) on what controllers WILL work with it would be greatly appreciated...I was hoping to get an Adappto but from what you guys have said, it's not looking good. Thanks a million for the insight...

I will get back with a report on how it works with adaptto and another sine.wave controller (Mark II)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=66559

For info purposes I talked to Kenny from C-lyte and he said the C-lyte 72v 60a controller is what the motor needed...how does his C-lyte controller compare to the controllers your testing?

clyte controller is just a regular Xie-Chang based controller it is the most popular square wave controller used all over the world. But the design is like 10years old. The main difference is that my controllers will be sine-wave.

Your sinewave version sounds like what I need then, just will it work with the TC series motors :?: ...gonna go get some popcorn and anxiously await the results of your testing...thanks for the help...

Back