eZee motor and controller at 69 amp phase?

GreyVlad

100 mW
Need about 78 N*m (58 lb*ft) torque for climbing up on 19% incline 300 m long at speed no less than 5 mph (and then climbing up on 5% incline 8 km long). 113 kg weight.
EZee motor users, what would you say, is the eZee 250 rpm motor and controller capable enough to withstand 69 amp phase current at 48 v every day?
Thanks in advance.

You should go to http://ebikes.ca/simulator and see what it says about overheating for your proposed setup.

Also: Are you sure you mean Phase current, or Battery current?

If Phase, how are you measuring it?

amberwolf said:
You should go to http://ebikes.ca/simulator and see what it says about overheating for your proposed setup.

Also: Are you sure you mean Phase current, or Battery current?

If Phase, how are you measuring it?

Of course, I took the phase current value from the motor simulator at ebikes.ca. I pointed 78 N*m at the blue 'torque' line and read 'Mtr Amps' at the 'Electrical' tab. The 'Overheat in' value is 6 minutes.
My 78 N*m load would last short time, about 2.5 minutes (300 m at 5 MPH speed). In my case immediately after that load the motor would not cool down because I should like to continue my non-stop climbing on 8 km long 5% incline (more fast, of course).
I assume that such every day operational mode would cause more wearing and considerably shorten the motor lifetime compared with a DD motor.
Am I right or not?
(I ask because should like to choose: the eZee or a DD motor like a TC3065.)

I highly appreciate your answer eTrike
Still haven't made decision. I understand that my conditions are too close to eZee' limits.
I'll check % at the steepest part of that incline more accurately.
And eZee users' opinions about the motor loading in similar real conditions would be interesting to me too.

Addition.
Checked. Mostly 17% incline and 19% at top of the hill (last 30 m long).

I have used the ezee 300 rpm in a 20 inch front wheel on a cargo bike.
Live in Norway. Been going on steep inclines with loads above 150 kg.
20 amp controller and 12 s lipo 20Ah battery.
The ezee motor pulls like a donkey!
After 2000 km I broke a nylon planet gear. Had it replaced with new assembly off a better quality. Since then no problems!
Running 1000w peak for a long time with no trouble.
Compared to a 36 volt BBs02 it is more powerful land also smoother!

Thanks Dr.Electric.
(I would like to install that motor into a 20' wheel but a strong non-folding frame for 20' wheels is a hard-to-find item at my location.)

Dr.Electric said:
May I suggest the bullit from harryvslarry.com

I respect that they offer the Bullitt bike as the customisable kit. And their Buyer's Guide helps. I like an opportunity to choose.

I have found the great topic http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14494#p216200.
There Justin wrote:
"I then repeated this test with the eZee hub motor. Once again, at 60 amps the insulation on the cable going into the hub started melting apart in short order"
So 60 amps current is not safe for the Ezee motor.

So considering my load conditions I will think over another two configurations:
with a DD hub as a middle-drive and a rear IGH in a 26" wheel
OR with a 1000 w rear DD hub in a 20" wheel.

(Just for example, I would prefer the Juiced Rider U500 with a rear DD hub motor)

Back